Jayden Stockley

13 hours ago, El Toro said:

Let’s say we have 500k to spend then I’d rather spend it on someone we could potentially make a couple of million on (at least) on in the future rather than a player that ‘might’ do well for us in L1 but wouldn’t pull up any trees if we went up. That way you’re protecting the future of the club too.

I think getting promotion to the championship would add about 8 million a season to our revenue so signing a player to get us out of this league makes sense

12 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

And then sit around taking up a wage that could have been used to improve the squad, and end up playing the odd league cup game and in the U23s, build to succeed long term because short term fixes always come back to bite your ass! 

NO we move them on to other 1st division clubs.

10 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

If we can’t prize a player away from mid table league 1 Charlton then I give up 

He moved to Charlton because he wanted to move back nearer South coast were he is from. Will the player himself want move north again?

Edited by Big Jack

Would be an ideal foil for Gregory. This league is more about physicality and aggression in the box than tikka takka intricate football. A smith/stockley to play with Gregory then Pato/maybe a premier league loanee would be a perfect pool of strikers. Last season we tried too many combinations and tried too many square pegs in round holes. If we can get a partnership from match day 1 of the season and keep it together for 75% of the season that that could be automatic right there. Gregory and Smith/Stockley is 40 goals between them 

1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

I think getting promotion to the championship would add about 8 million a season to our revenue so signing a player to get us out of this league makes sense

Just think we need to start looking at generating money from players, not the if and when we go up. We don’t make money generally on player recruitment which you have to do to be a going concern. One of the main reasons we are where we are is bringing in players either on a free or for a fee and granting them big wages and allowing them to walk away at the end of it. Many of those haven’t given a great deal in return.