Jayden Stockley

Probably cost over a million . Maybe 1.5+ 

ideally if Joao went to the prem we could sign him with that money! 

stockley always been a handful . 1 in 2 for Charlton ish since he’s gone there . Very good in the air / physical . Probably get 15+ In our side . Would certainly be happy with him. 

4 strikers consisting of 

Gregory

windass

smith / stockley 

+1 loan maybe from the prem / champ 

Ellis simms / 

cadematri (odd appearance maybe) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

He’s always done well against us even for PNE. Does seem to have found his level though so wouldn’t want to have to pay too much for him when there are other similarly limited but powerful forwards available for less. He is a beast in the air though 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Delighted we seem to be looking at the Stockleys and Smiths. 

A big leaning towards the 4000 minute per season Smith rather than the 2000 minute per season Stockley though.

We want a settled strike force. Something we’ve lacked for years. 

• Like 2

Yes Stockley doesn’t seem to play that many games per season compared to other strikers. Had a good season last year though. Strong and can bully defenders. I like that. I wonder if we are after this type of striker to compete with Gregory or if Moore is concerned about losing Gregory. Hopefully not because I’m a massive fan of Gregory. 

31 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Probably cost over a million . Maybe 1.5+ 

ideally if Joao went to the prem we could sign him with that money! 

stockley always been a handful . 1 in 2 for Charlton ish since he’s gone there . Very good in the air / physical . Probably get 15+ In our side . Would certainly be happy with him. 

4 strikers consisting of 

Gregory

windass

smith / stockley 

+1 loan maybe from the prem / champ 

Ellis simms / 

cadematri (odd appearance maybe) 

I can’t see us spending the kind of money they’d want for him.

But your right we should be looking at a pool like above:

Gregory

Windass

New Target Man Type (Stockey fits this)

New nimble striker (John-Jules, Hirst type)

Then Cadamateri needs to be 5th choice but 1st choice in pizza cup

• Like 4

Remember him scoring against us for Preston and thought he looked a handful.

None of this 'can play anywhere across the front line' type, a proper centre forward who will put himself about 

A good signing if we can make it happen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Youve got to be looking at players that can be equally effective when you move up a level and Stockley really struggled at PNE in the championship, so hopefully its just a rumour, certainly wouldnt want to pay a fee.

why have you? We need some players who can get us out of the league too . I’d happily get 2/3 who were league one level only and then look to use as squad players or move them on if we get promoted 

• Like 1

Not much money going around the leagues apart from premier? Might be charlton might take wot they paid and get him off the wage bill? Imo just wot we need at this level? Proper handful that can take the weight off Gregory? Similar to Morison at millwall when Gregory scored quite a few? Just need to have that real Areal threat up top in certain games that Paterson and kamberi just didn’t possess? Worry about whether they not good enough for championship when we get there 

1 hour ago, Asio otus said:

Maybe he has some sort of release clause in his contract. I can't see Charlton wanting to sell and don't see us splashing a load of cash unless we have income coming from outgoing sales.

We might have a bit extra if joao goes