Football Finances

3 hours ago, vulva said:

Handsworth don’t have the greatest reputation in grass roots/junior football tbf. In many ways aren’t they trying to be the big fish at that level, like the Premier league boys are at the top end?

I can only go on what I've seen and he's loving it there. 

6 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

They treated my lad appallingly, I have to say.

Awful club Handsworth at grassroots level. Last year's u7's (parents and coaches) were up there with the worst I'd ever experienced.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Quite a big brush you're tarring us with there, cheers. 

I've seen other examples at different age groups. While I'm sure there are decent teams within that club, most I've come across (as have others) pretty much say the same thing.

Edited by Maddogbob

1 minute ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Parents were fine, more of a coaching / manager thing with my lad.

I just remember on kid being dragged off by one of the coaches, with swearing at said kid.

Bit harsh on a u7.

18 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I just remember on kid being dragged off by one of the coaches, with swearing at said kid.

Bit harsh on a u7.

They recruited my lad, covid hit so he barely played, then bombed him out after one season in which he never really had a chance.

Plus, one coach lied about me allegedly touting my lad elsewhere, which was categorically untrue.

4 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

They recruited my lad, covid hit so he barely played, then bombed him out after one season in which he never really had a chance.

Plus, one coach lied about me allegedly touting my lad elsewhere, which was categorically untrue.

Unfortunately the grim side of grassroots mate. Some awesome other folks about though and hope it didn't put your lad off playing.

I really miss the camaraderie of English grassroots. When you find a good bunch, nothing finer.

Australian is very different. In a good way and bad way sometimes, if that makes sense.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1