Which managers from the past could succeed now?

47 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What do you think? Who do you think (when they were in their prime) could still succeed in todays footballing world as manager of our club?

Howard Wilkinson?

Big Ron?

Danny Wilson?

All decent managers from the past would succeed.

They'd simply adapt.

Good Management still requires the same skills:-

Man management

Motivational skills

Tactical awareness

The ability to spot a good player

Organisational Skills

Good delegation etc etc

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Basement Jack said:

Wilkinson

Disciplined and Way ahead of his time tactically.( wing backs)  Wednesday were one of the most drilled teams in the country under Wilkinson. Every fan knew exactly how we were going to play. The opposition did too but most of the time were powerless to stop it .

As flamboyant as Atkinson and his side was the drinking culture of the time wouldn’t cut it today

Football is far more professional now and would be well suited to a young Wilkinson

But in todays game Atkinson would adapt and cut the drinking out…

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What do you think? Who do you think (when they were in their prime) could still succeed in todays footballing world as manager of our club?

Howard Wilkinson?

Big Ron?

Danny Wilson?

Under Channers, none of them.

lol

I’ve always thought we missed a trick with the Cowleys. I thought they could be our next Howard Wilkinson. They wanted the job, desperate in fact, but wanted more control over transfers/players etc and so walked away from it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Just now, vulva said:

I’ve always thought we missed a trick with the Cowleys. I thought they could be our next Howard Wilkinson. They wanted the job, desperate in fact, but wanted more control over transfers/players etc and so walked away from it. 

Agree with that, although raw I think they seemed a really good fit at the time, wether the job would’ve swallowed them up or not will remain to be seen but shame it never happened. I’d have taken them all day over Monk.

• Like 1