Promotion next season

15 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Good start then the wheels fell off, 12 points from the next 33.

Yep that was a rancid time of the season..truly awful Faye wer served up...that’s when I knew we weren’t goin up

5 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

Who the f*** knows?

We haven't even had a transfer window yet. For all we know, we could end up spending about £5 million (which would be mental and poor decision but you never know) and end up with a team infinitely above the division level 

Alternatively, if we sold our key men and made some poor decisions transfer-wise, ala Kamberi, Sow and Brown (rather than Byers, Storey, Gregory), we would end up with a team lucky to finish top half.

And this goes for any other team that finished in the top half last year.

Let's wait and see.

Exactly!👍👏

I'd snap your hands off again for last day finishing in the playoffs 

We still have serial losers as players on our books and a manager who has no plan B 

And another summer of massive recruitment which will probably need another 6 months to 'gel'

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, The coach said:

Fleetwood garymegson

Well my thinking is there's usually a surprise runner and Fleetwood have a new manager who's a proven winner, not at managing yet but has already made a good signing in Shaun Rooney so that's my reason time will tell. 

4 hours ago, Luke said:

We still have serial losers as players on our books and a manager who has no plan B 

And another summer of massive recruitment which will probably need another 6 months to 'gel'

Nice to see you feeling confident Mr Luke.

Let's see how the squad shapes up first and that applies to everyone.

8 hours ago, Luke said:

Can already hear the usual suspects getting their excuses in for Moore for the first half of next season

We have so many key position that we need to recruit for 

Keeper, 3 centre backs, possible 2 wingbacks, big centre forward

this does not include if the 4 offered contract decide to leave.

the back bone of the team needs replacing quick, preseason starts in 3 weeks, the transfer window officially opens in 10 days but most teams have already lined up transfer. For us i dont know,  as DM does give much information about anyone we are looking at.

we have so much still to do new pitch and training pitch as reported yesterday, preseason program, pre season training, new players in, confirm new contracts, new shirts, etc and the new season starts in less than 9 weeks.

Last season I thought that top six would be a reasonable outcome given the massive amount of change that had happened in the squad and the change in the way we played. This season it’s got to be top two. Yes there are still going to be a lot of new players, but a lot of our better players are staying and are in the groove of playing under Moore. 

For me the difference will be how we are able to develop a way of winning when not playing well. We need to have a way of grinding our ugly one nils in tight games. Oh, and stop shipping late goals!

If we can nail that we will stroll it. If we fail then it’s going to be playoffs again…

4 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Got to be through the automatics - we seem to have forgotten how to turn up for the semis. 

Yep, we haven't turned up in our last 5 play off games.

I really can't be arsed with play offs,  hate them, has to be top 2.

• Like 2

Guest DoesJackHunt
9 hours ago, Luke said:

That’s the spirit ! 

25 minutes ago, runningaround said:

we always seem to take 2 years to bounce back we aren't a lot off, 85 points usually means 2nd, let's see the 4 keys we need. I would like us to retain Luongo out of all out of contract.

A team getting automatic promotion with a total as low as 85 points has only  happened 2 times in the last 14 seasons.

It's generally accepted that 90+ points are needed and an average of 2 points a game to finish in the top 2.

What's been very consistent is the number of wins required and it's nearly always 26-27 wins gets you automatic. A team has to win very regularly from the start of the season, you can't afford to go on long runs without a win. 

For the last two thirds of the season we had automatic promotion form, averaging 2 points per game. But after the first third of the season in which we averaged less than 1.5 point per game our chances of top 2 had gone. It's relentless, you have to be winning from pretty much from the start and win on average 3 in every 5 games. 

• Like 2