When will we next play in the Premier League? (POLL)

When?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Which year will we next play in the Premier League?

• 2024-2026
    • 2027-2031
    • 2032-2036
    • 2037-2041
    • 2042-2046
    • 2047-2050
    • After 2050
    • Never.

Just now, sticklebricks said:

The year parachute payments are scrapped

This ^ my feeling is we will never see Wednesday in the current gravy train PL. by the time we get there football will have imploded or being played in Dubai. Or there will be no heading or tackling allowed and it will be like walking mens football for the over 60’s. 

• Like 1

I went for 2027 as rather conservative estimate.

Based on

- no further point reductions

- allowing the manager to built something (NO chopping & changing managers anymore)

- keeping the good atmosphere at the club 

- DC funding 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

This ^ my feeling is we will never see Wednesday in the current gravy train PL. by the time we get there football will have imploded or being played in Dubai. Or there will be no heading or tackling allowed and it will be like walking mens football for the over 60’s. 

What makes you think football will implode? It has been going on over a century now, and it will always exist in some form.

The only thing that will completely kill football is the doom of the planet caused by climate change.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

What makes you think football will implode? It has been going on over a century now, and it will always exist in some form.

The only thing that will completely kill football is the doom of the planet caused by climate change.

i mean that financially it’s getting worse, so it will be interesting how far it gets pushed before things like the super leagues or closed shops are brought in. 

Never unfortunately. The gap between the champ and the premiership (including the parachute payment clubs) is way to big. The only teams that go up now are parachute payments or have to get extremely lucky with either an insanely good manager (Cooper/Wilder) or fall lucky with loans/academy players.

All i want is one season up there for me and my old man to watch at hillsborough

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Football might implode for us. For all the money and the 'top' teams getting richer it doesn't stop the 'smaller' clubs reaching the Prem or getting close. We need to stop blaming the culture of football and look within our own club at the mismanagement. How can teams like Huddersfield and Luton get as close as we have in the last 23 years and even smaller clubs cementing themselves in the Prem for years yet we have only finished in the top half of the Championship 4 times in 23 years since leaving the Prem. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s interesting how polarised it is between soonish and never. I was hovering between the 2027 option and never before coming down on the side of never. I think we might get playoffs again in the next five or six years but will probably miss out again prompting another free fall to L1. 
Having loads of fans is great but to be successful you either have to buy exceptionally well or bring through your own players. We have no good track record in either for so many years I can’t ever imagine we would get it right!

Ah well. At least being a L1/ Championship yo-yo club is never dull. 

• Like 2

I'd love just one year in the Premier League for the financial security it should bring and the fact it would give the faithful at least one year of top flight football to tell their grandkids about. Other than that my happiest seasons have been when we've been chasing promotion from the lower leagues. Far better than getting smashed every week by well established teams whose financial clout we'll never be able to match as they are now so far ahead.

• Like 2

I’m in my 20’s, I’m convinced I’ll never see us back in the top flight, we had our 2 chances and blew it for 2 different reasons. The first was down to being out muscled, the second was down to overly negative tactics and having no bottle. 

• Like 1

To those of you saying never is very over-pessimistic...

So I the next eighty years, in which three teams go up every season, so 240 teams will be promoted from the Champ, out of probably a selection of 55 teams that will be in the running... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

So I the next eighty years, in which three teams go up every season, so 240 teams will be promoted from the Champ, out of probably a selection of 55 teams that will be in the running... 

Also to those that are suggesting the Premier League is now a closed shop...

Since the introduction of parachute payments in 2007, the Premier League then included:

Portsmouth

Blackburn

Middleborough

Derby

Wigan

Sunderland

Bolton

Reading

Birmingham

Nearly half the division.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

Yeah but 120 of those team slots will be Norwich, Watford & Fulham on their bi-annual promotion-relegation trip ;-)

• Like 2