Floodlights

6 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

I think the are missing a trick here, they could get supporters to sponsor a floodlight, or like name one..   once in a 20yr or so chance to have ur own named floodlight at Hillsborough

Terry ' Electric ' Current for starters. lol

All this talk of the west stand roof being painted. We’re having at least another season in league one, get it knocked down along with the corner and police box and start work on a new stand ! 

It’s not as if we’re gonna miss out on loads of away fans coming !!! 

1 hour ago, catdog1121 said:

I think the are missing a trick here, they could get supporters to sponsor a floodlight, or like name one..   once in a 20yr or so chance to have ur own named floodlight at Hillsborough

Oh FFS! Don’t suggest that. We’ll never get new floodlights. 

52 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

All this talk of the west stand roof being painted. We’re having at least another season in league one, get it knocked down along with the corner and police box and start work on a new stand ! 

It’s not as if we’re gonna miss out on loads of away fans coming !!! 

I assume you’re volunteering to pay for it.

4 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I’m sorry I thought we had a rich owner who wanted to maximise our match day intake ??

Where’s the evidence he wants to maximise match day intake?

• Like 1

i wonder how much the current floodlights cost the club on an average night home game? now electric prices are well over double a year ago . leds usually are between 5 and 10x cheaper  so the cost to fit them will soon be wiped out by the saving.  running a football club is becoming a seriously expensive thing to do even if you have a low wage bill and dont spend on players 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, morganowl said:

i wonder how much the current floodlights cost the club on an average night home game? now electric prices are well over double a year ago . leds usually are between 5 and 10x cheaper  so the cost to fit them will soon be wiped out by the saving.  running a football club is becoming a seriously expensive thing to do even if you have a low wage bill and dont spend on players 

According to the recently published annual accounts the new led floodlights are estimated to be 80% cheaper to run than the old ones.

18 hours ago, westy365owl said:

They are individual floodlights have to auction them off 163 floodlights each starting at 100 a pop thats at 16 k at least

163 you say?

No possible way the ground can be evenly lit then, ‘cos that’s a prime number

lol