Nottingham Forest

10 hours ago, SiJ said:

Are Forest going to be the latest *model* club that our fans make some weird comparison to.

Forest have basically got one thing right in the last few years and that was appointing Steve Cooper.

The original post clearly states the other things they've got right.

Edited by RuncornOwl94
  • Like 3

Nothing against Forest and have did have one of most fascinating periods ever in English football in the late 70s / early 80s.

But you do feel they are a decent top half Championship side who have had a good wind behind them to get promotion.

Its 90% certain they will be down again within 2 seasons which is just way football has gone recently.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SiJ said:

Are Forest going to be the latest *model* club that our fans make some weird comparison to.

Forest have basically got one thing right in the last few years and that was appointing Steve Cooper.

Saves us from hearing about Brentford for a bit.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Royal_D said:

It’s the only way to do it,  we’ve gotta produce some young players that can be the future of this club, I’ve said a few times it’s no good signing 32-35yr old cloggers just to get out of this league .. we need to build a solid foundation that can compete in the championship when we get back there 

Leojo Davidson, Cadamarteri and Shipston all highly rated and players we need to develop,  and make a few quid off 

Why can't we do both?

Edited by nickswfc

32 minutes ago, RuncornOwl94 said:

The original post clearly states the other things they've got right.

Yes, they have a decent youth system and have done so for decades. 

But their season only started to click when Steve Cooper came in and began working minor miracles. 

Forest have been through loads of managers and spent a load. 

14 hours ago, Owling with laughter said:

Clearly the best investment they’ve made has been in today’s officials.

That second penalty shout though 🤮 vile. Never even looked at by VAR.

Really feel for Huddersfield.  

VAR was brought in to stop big decisions costing teams money and yesterday they potentially cost Huddersfield Town £200m 

• Like 1

I don’t think Forest are all that to be honest. Pigs absolutely ruined them in the second leg and completely bullied them. If we are going to be balanced about it as well, Huddersfield had 2 penalties which in my opinion should’ve been given yesterday. 

They will have to do some serious recruitment otherwise they will come flying back down. 

At the end of the day one of the four playoff teams was going to go up and out of Forest, Huddersfield, Luton and Bl@des I’d say Forest were the team I was happiest to see go up. 

Personally I don’t think they have done anything ground breaking as a club and the appointment of Cooper made all of the difference for them. To go from bottom in September to getting promotion is some feat!

Good for them and I hope they make the most of their opportunity in the Prem. 

34 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Seems like a lot of clubs are run well or end up lucky. Hopefully Chansiri will take note although if his thoughts about Brentford are anything to go by I wouldn’t be so sure. 

Unfortunately, I think the only way Mr C gets us into the PL is by luck rather than judgement. 

I think Forest going up is more to do with luck than some great master plan. I know they've sold on a few good players and have some exciting kids in the current line up, but they started the season with Chris Hughton in charge and were utter rubbish. They made the change and Steve Cooper has worked a minor miracle in getting them up. I heard yesterday that since he was appointed, no team has accrued more points than Forest in the Championship. 

2 hours ago, PTLiam said:

That second penalty shout though 🤮 vile. Never even looked at by VAR.

Really feel for Huddersfield.  

VAR was brought in to stop big decisions costing teams money and yesterday they potentially cost Huddersfield Town £200m 

EXACTLY what's the point having var if it's not used properly 🙄 

2 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

At the end of the day one of the four playoff teams was going to go up and out of Forest, Huddersfield, Luton and Bl@des I’d say Forest were the team I was happiest to see go up. 

Personally I don’t think they have done anything ground breaking as a club and the appointment of Cooper made all of the difference for them. To go from bottom in September to getting promotion is some feat!

Good for them and I hope they make the most of their opportunity in the Prem. 

At least unlike Huddersfield they'll make a genuine attempt to stay there, like we would have tried to unlike Hull City, there were many parallels that could have been drawn between the two games.

Huddersfield recently down from the Prem still receiving parachute money, like Hull.

Hull City scored a wondergoal, Huddersfield conceded an own goal.

Forest got the break that we didn't, that's just the  way it goes.

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Unfortunately, I think the only way Mr C gets us into the PL is by luck rather than judgement. 

I think Forest going up is more to do with luck than some great master plan. I know they've sold on a few good players and have some exciting kids in the current line up, but they started the season with Chris Hughton in charge and were utter rubbish. They made the change and Steve Cooper has worked a minor miracle in getting them up. I heard yesterday that since he was appointed, no team has accrued more points than Forest in the Championship. 

Interestingly enough Cooper had twice lost in the playoffs previously and had no previous promotions to his name. Wheras Hughtons previous successes are well known.

Perhaps worth noting for those who have written off Moore because he's 'achieved nothing' as a manager so far.

I live in Hucknall (Just nine miles from the City Ground) and for this area, Forest’s promotion is a good thing.

Its also nice to see a Hucknall lad (Joe Worrall) be the captain on the day they got promoted. I don’t know him personally but he’s visited my daughters school to help promote healthy living and sport for the kids, my girl said he was really nice and friendly. I’m told by those who know him better that he’s never forgot where he’s come from and I think that came out in his post match interview yesterday.

As for their promotion, it’s purely down to Cooper. I think it was Steve Hodge who said “Cooper has taken the shackles off the players” 

Its an amazing achievement if you look at this season in isolation, but their youth academy aside, the business plan over the last 10 years hasn’t been anything special. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, g-owls said:

I live in Hucknall (Just nine miles from the City Ground) and for this area, Forest’s promotion is a good thing.

Its also nice to see a Hucknall lad (Joe Worrall) be the captain on the day they got promoted. I don’t know him personally but he’s visited my daughters school to help promote healthy living and sport for the kids, my girl said he was really nice and friendly. I’m told by those who know him better that he’s never forgot where he’s come from and I think that came out in his post match interview yesterday.

As for their promotion, it’s purely down to Cooper. I think it was Steve Hodge who said “Cooper has taken the shackles off the players” 

Its an amazing achievement if you look at this season in isolation, but their youth academy aside, the business plan over the last 10 years hasn’t been anything special. 

Yeah being around Nottingham city, the place is thriving.