Jordan Rhodes tears

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

What a ridiculous thread,   Some wednesdayites are a strange bunch 

Season has ended mate,its topical and TBH like any thread you can jog past it if it isnt of interest...You got no view on JR time here?....

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Surely now means we are biggest underachiever for a club with over 20,000 gates? Forest had been out the PL longer than us. Can’t think of anyone else who rivals us for time in the wilderness.

All depends how far you go back.  Sure some statistician will know the answer (even if it spoils the point you're trying to make). UTO

16 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He didn't feel in the zone, and let his manager know so that he could select more confident players.

Would you rather he'd stepped up and missed?

We will never know will we?  cos he didnt take one....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, parajack said:

Totally agree,if ONLY people would stop idolising and making excuses for players who have taken massive amounts of money out of our Club,and who we achieved NOTHING(but misery) with....

Whilstever our fan base are prepared to accept this,it WILL continue.............

Measured like this, we'd have to hate everyone who played for us since our better days from the early 90s.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He was paid to help us win football matches.if he was really not feeling confident, I'd much rather him tell the manager so that better-prepared players could step up in his place.

It's quite telling of his mentality perhaps, but it's the most professional thing to do in the circumstances by telling the coach /manager that he wasn't prepared to play against the team he adores and wanted to be promoted to the Premier League and as a result decided to step down from selection for the whole game  in order to maintain his professionalism and allow a fair outcome rather than wait until a snatch decision weighed against his employers and sided with his mother club  ......

circumstances by telling the coach /manager that he wasn't prepared to play against the team he adores and wanted to be promoted to the Premier League and as a result decided to step down from selection for the whole game  in order to maintain his professionalism and allow a fair outcome rather than wait until a snatch decision weighed against his employers and sided with his mother club  ......

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
8 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He was paid to help us win football matches.

If he was really not feeling confident, I'd much rather him tell the manager so that better-prepared players could step up in his place.

It's quite telling of his mentality perhaps, but it's the most professional thing to do in the circumstances.

It’s the fact he took one against us though. If you can’t handle a shoot out for us, don’t be a nobblehobbit and take one against us. 
He was one of the best finishers at the club. Even if he’s not confident, he would still have a better than fair chance of scoring. It’s not like he hadn’t taken a fair few in his time and he literally practices kicking a ball everyday. 

44 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

Sorry if this is an unpopular opinion...

I always liked Rhodes.

Rhodes play off penalty shoot out record - 

Huddersfield 2015 - Scores

SWFC v Huddersfield  2018 - Refuses to take one

Huddersfield v SWFC League Cup - Scores 

Mugging you and me off mate

Edited by Nero
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

It’s the fact he took one against us though. If you can’t handle a shoot out for us, don’t be a nobblehobbit and take one against us. 
He was one of the best finishers at the club. Even if he’s not confident, he would still have a better than fair chance of scoring. It’s not like he hadn’t taken a fair few in his time and he literally practices kicking a ball everyday. 

He was feeling more confident at that point in his career, perhaps?

Humans are complex creatures.

• Haha 2

Well done Forest , good to see a club of their standing get back to the big time.

As for people's comments about Jordan Rhodes, i have no issues with him but DC squandering millions on him in the first place when he wasn't needed has greatly contributed to the subsequent financial mess.

• Like 3

Just now, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Absolute garbage ....

You are apologising the indefensible here

I honestly don't see the big issue.

For whatever reason, Rhodes wasn't feeling confident in that moment and rather than offering to take a penalty, he let his manager know so that more confident players could take them.

I'd rather have a striker who was confident enough to step up in a penalty shootout of course, but he can't change the way he felt in that moment.

Given that fact, I'd much rather he tell the truth in the best interests of the team.

Clearly you disagree, which is fair enough. There seems little point in going round in circles over something which happened half a decade ago, though.

1 hour ago, Daz said:

I think neither team were impressive and on the recent times I've seen Forest, they have a huge build job just to survive. Commentators going overboard that Huddersfield should have had 2 penalties but I don't think either were.. they are sometimes given, sometimes not.. but I was not convinced on either.

Pleased that Forest went up after 23 years. We've got to make sure it's our time very soon - it's been far too long.

I'm not sure when we'll see the Champioship again, let alone the PL.

If we're still in this division 12 months hence it wouldn't surprise me one jot.

Guest DoesJackHunt
4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He was feeling more confident at that point in his career, perhaps?

Humans are complex creatures.

Look I get that that could be the case…. but it’s also the fact that the penalty that he did pass on the opportunity to take happened to be against Huddersfield. Who he has played for previously and then went back to play for. He then had no qualms at all about taking a penalty for them against us.

I get it could be a mental health thing or a serious lack of self belief, which probably amounts to a similar thing.. but it doesn’t look great does it ! 

I mean you could be forgiven for smelling a rat in this instance, surely !