National League Play-Offs

Looking forward to the huge Championship Play-Off Final later today, but just to say, that having watched this seasons National League Play-Offs on BT Sport, I have been really impressed with the standard of the football there & in particular this weekends semi-finals, where there were 13 goals scored in the two games.

Some players really stood out for me, in particular John Mcatee for Grimsby & Ryan Barnett today, for Solihull Moors.

Skill, trickery, pace & the latter's crossing ability at speed was exemplary, imo.

Would be interested to hear anyone else's opinions on these games & the general quality of football in the National League. I am sure there are some more real talents out there.

The play-off final between Solihull Borough & Grimsby Town, is at West Hams' London Stadium next Sunday at 3pm & is live on BT Sport, who deserve no small amount of credit for televising these games,which have been really exciting.

I like Paul Hurst (Wednesdayite) and ex Owl Giles Coke, but feel that they will have a really tough game in the final, as Neil Ardley has got Solihull Borough firing, but it should definitely be another great game and it keeps the season going a little while longer, before the close season boredom sets in completely!

UTO!

4 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

Grimsby Wrexham yesterday was a reyt game . Didn't catch the game today 

Nearly as good today, to be fair.

Both finalists like to play attractive football, so looking forward to it! 👍👍

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

I went to see Grimsby v Maidenhead a few weeks ago. Comically bad. Looked like a different team yesterday. 

Yes, I have seen a few shockers, but the play-offs have been amazing!

Just now, Hirstyslaces said:

Yes, I have seen a few shockers, but the play-offs have been amazing!

Grimsby, in particular, have really rallied for the play-offs.

They were looking well off the pace previously.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Weren’t we linked with Solihull striker Kyle Hudlin last season? 

Apparently so. The guy is a giant! I was very impressed with Ryan Barnett today.

Edited by Hirstyslaces

It’s a tricky one for me, I’m from Grimsby and still go there every week for work and to see my family. When I was younger I got so much stick from Grimsby fans for supporting Wednesday. Have to admit sometimes I do quite like seeing them lose. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hirstyslaces said:

Apparently so. The guy is a giant! I was very impressed with Ryan Barnet today.

Some decent players playing at that level. Been impressed with Grimsby player Mcatee on the few occasions I have seen him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

It’s a tricky one for me, I’m from Grimsby and still go there every week for work and to see my family. When I was younger I got so much stick from Grimsby fans for supporting Wednesday. Have to admit sometimes I do quite like seeing them lose. 

😂

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Some decent players playing at that level. Been impressed with Grimsby player Mcatee on the few occasions I have seen him. 

He was excellent yesterday  v. Wrexham.