Who Are The Current Best Team In The World ?

I’d say Man City tbh

They just edge Liverpool and barring some late drama were superior to Real 

I think with the addition of Haaland there won’t be any doubt next year 

Edited by Django

On 29/05/2022 at 08:08, Southie_Owl said:

Yep agreed.  They won their own league, and beat Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool (the best 3 teams from supposedly the best league in the world) on route to win the champions league trophy.  

I agree also… Real haven’t been free flowing in the Champions League against those teams, so they won’t get a much credit, but City and Chelsea couldn’t beat them over 2 legs, despite being dominant at times.

They won their own league with games to spare too scoring a load of goals. 

I’m beginning to wonder if fellow English people can’t see past our own league again - when it comes to this debate anyway. 

52 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

I agree also… Real haven’t been free flowing in the Champions League against those teams, so they won’t get a much credit, but City and Chelsea couldn’t beat them over 2 legs, despite being dominant at times.

I’m beginning to wonder if fellow English people can’t see past our own league again - when it comes to this debate anyway. 

If a Spanish team are taking on an English team in a European final, then I'd back the former nearly every single time.

They are just better at these European knockout competitions; always seem to be.

Whether it is Real in the CL or Seville in the Europa.

Have this inherent belief that they will win, no matter who they face.

Real Madrid - they won their league and the Champions League.

As much as I like to disagree with Michael Owen, he does annoyingly have a point on who the best teams are. I think on their day and as they showed in the league this season, Liverpool and City are the two best.

But hey, Madrid did them both in the Champions League. Might not have been pretty, but they are Champions of Europe. 

1 hour ago, Kopparberg said:

Agree totally really makes me laugh when you listen to commentators when I team comes back from say 2 nil down and then grab an equalisers in the last minute " that's why it's the best league in the world" like it doesn't happen anywhere else. People instantly believe their drivel.

While ever we have top teams with overrated English players we'll always be behind proper winners.