£1 million bid for Josh Windass submitted to SWFC

2 minutes ago, Tea Baggins said:

Sell, sell, sell.

29 next, resale value plummeting, injury prone.

we could get 3 solid players for that combined cost.

We can’t make the same mistakes as before, we have to learn to sell at the right time.

I Agree, but i'd deffo go in with a counter offer and see how far they'll go. 

• Haha 1

Just now, PTLiam said:

If that's the opening bid, i'd hold out for abit more. i'd really like about £2.5 million tbh.  

I think that’s wholly unrealistic, For a player we paid circa £500k for and struggled to kick a ball last season 

First rule of business...never accept the first offer. Everyone puts a low offer in first to test the water, everyone always asks more for an item than their minimum selling price.

If they offer £1m and we say we want £2m then we start negotiating. We will meet somewhere between those figures or their maximum will be lower than our minimum asking price and we both decide a deal isn't possible.

Psycholocically if you are buying a £200k house and you offer £190k and it gets accepted you will wonder if you could have got it for £180k, it leaves that little niggle in your mind that you might have over paid.

I accept we might sell but there's more money to be had.

• Like 5

Whatever you think about the player and the deal it’s a very strange way to do business. Tin pot. This £1m might be payable in 45 installments and linked to Windass winning Eurovision for all we know. Something just doesn’t seem right.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Guest Andy W
22 minutes ago, Tea Baggins said:

Sell, sell, sell.

29 next, resale value plummeting, injury prone.

we could get 3 solid players for that combined cost.

We can’t make the same mistakes as before, we have to learn to sell at the right time.

100 % snap their hand off and get rid

11 minutes ago, 0114 said:

£2.5M? 👀 We finally know DC’s Owlstalk account!

It's what i'd like, not what I think we'd get.

You never go in with your best offer first & if the £1m is true, we might stretch another 3 or 4 hundred grand out of them. i'd hope anyway. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I think that’s wholly unrealistic, For a player we paid circa £500k for and struggled to kick a ball last season 

Maybe mate, but if you don't ask you don't get. i'd like to think we could squeeze abit more out of them.

14 minutes ago, prowl said:

First rule of business...never accept the first offer. Everyone puts a low offer in first to test the water, everyone always asks more for an item than their minimum selling price.

If they offer £1m and we say we want £2m then we start negotiating. We will meet somewhere between those figures or their maximum will be lower than our minimum asking price and we both decide a deal isn't possible.

Psycholocically if you are buying a £200k house and you offer £190k and it gets accepted you will wonder if you could have got it for £180k, it leaves that little niggle in your mind that you might have over paid.

I accept we might sell but there's more money to be had.

Pretty much my thoughts too fella.

• Like 2