Interview with DM - surprisingly early

6 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

You didn’t campaign to get the 'legend' Ryan Lowe at the club Daniele. You just banged on about it. 

Campaigning would have involved standing outside the main entrance with a banner or summat. Or maybe twattering DC. 

Thanks I will try that out soon😀

On 28/05/2022 at 20:49, Five Archers said:

So mr chairman Liam, we’re 15 games in but sit in 3rd place, 3 points behind the top 2. 
Who you bringing in to replace Moore? 

We'll see who's available at the time.

If we're in the position you speculate we'll attract a decent manager. 

33 minutes ago, PTLiam said:

We'll see who's available at the time.

If we're in the position you speculate we'll attract a decent manager. 

Fair enough but what happens if 15 games later we are in the same or worse position? Do we sack the new guy and start again?

4 minutes ago, Five Archers said:

Fair enough but what happens if 15 games later we are in the same or worse position? Do we sack the new guy and start again?

Nah, but you cant keep a manager for the reason that the next one might be worse.  FWIW I think we'll get it right this year. but I would have clear targets and expect them to be met. 

if we've got a top two budget we should have a top two team. 

On 27/05/2022 at 23:52, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

Personally I’m not impressed and don’t see last season as a success, nor the third of a season he had the season before.

That said, think it would be a bit harsh to replace him immediately.

Its one of those where if he doesn’t have the best of starts next season he’d have to go, we have to be in contention for automatics all the way through. 

I’d think it’s more likely than not that we won’t be in contention all the way through on the basis that I’ve not seen anything to suggest he will get the required consistency and not bottle big games.

We will probably do well enough though to be in contention for the play offs which might keep DM in a job, can see him being given the season if we’re on for top 6.

I’m so bored of this division already and just have a feeling we might get stuck down here a while now unless we have a manager that can guide us to automatic promotion.

This is pretty much how i feel.

I would have sacked him last November, and 'IF' and yes its a big if, we got the right manager in we would have got auto's IMO.

But we didnt and we did improve but we lacked in big games, consistency and areas that IMO Moore failed to address like flair and attacking thread.

I dont think he is damaging the club as others we have had have, and now Chnsiri has said hes staying ill get behind him but he has to learn from his mistakes and change otherwise we could end up stuck down here again.

10 minutes ago, PTLiam said:

Nah, but you cant keep a manager for the reason that the next one might be worse.  FWIW I think we'll get it right this year. but I would have clear targets and expect them to be met. 

if we've got a top two budget we should have a top two team. 

Can’t argue with that, let’s just hope we have that budget

12 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

This is pretty much how i feel.

I would have sacked him last November, and 'IF' and yes its a big if, we got the right manager in we would have got auto's IMO.

But we didnt and we did improve but we lacked in big games, consistency and areas that IMO Moore failed to address like flair and attacking thread.

I dont think he is damaging the club as others we have had have, and now Chnsiri has said hes staying ill get behind him but he has to learn from his mistakes and change otherwise we could end up stuck down here again.

You're saying that like Moore chose not to do so.

We weren't paying fees, we had injuries at the back to so we had to sign Dean and Storey and they were good signings.

John-Jules on paper was a good signing, it's not Moore's fault he got injured. Moore did his best to add what he could in that aspect, it just didn't work out.

A lot of his "mistakes" are largely things he couldn't do much about.

4 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

You're saying that like Moore chose not to do so.

We weren't paying fees, we had injuries at the back to so we had to sign Dean and Storey and they were good signings.

John-Jules on paper was a good signing, it's not Moore's fault he got injured. Moore did his best to add what he could in that aspect, it just didn't work out.

A lot of his "mistakes" are largely things he couldn't do much about.

I didn’t mean it like that.

He had Corbeanau at his disposal but failed IMO to use him right. Had we had him in the second half of the season and played him up front or off a front man I think his goals and attack mindedness would have given us the edge for automatic promotion. He didn’t wanna attack like he did, and that cost us. Too many times did he worry about the opposition rather than worry about what we’re good at. Wycombe away a prime example. More bothered about stopping them than us exploiting them.

1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I didn’t mean it like that.

He had Corbeanau at his disposal but failed IMO to use him right. Had we had him in the second half of the season and played him up front or off a front man I think his goals and attack mindedness would have given us the edge for automatic promotion. He didn’t wanna attack like he did, and that cost us. Too many times did he worry about the opposition rather than worry about what we’re good at. Wycombe away a prime example. More bothered about stopping them than us exploiting them.

What's Theo done since leaving us? He and Wing didn't fit in with what we wanted to play so we moved them on and brought players that did and guess what we got a shed loads of points.

Sometimes you have to alter your game for different games, Wycombe away is a tough game and but for an inept referee we actually come away with a 1-1 draw. End of the day you can't play well and win every week, that's the beauty of football.

We can all pick out games here and there that were disappointing but the overall picture is pretty positive which when you look where we were in the summer of 2021 is good.