Interview with DM - surprisingly early

Again 

For the record

Darren Moore, Manager of Sheffield Wednesday FC has made mistakes, tactical errors, bizarre substitutions and weird starting lineups from time to time

Let me just state that again for those who will (undoubtedly) try and suggest it's never discussed or admitted or stated...

Darren Moore, Manager of Sheffield Wednesday FC has made mistakes, tactical errors, bizarre substitutions and weird starting lineups from time to time

Thing is though he's also got us to the playoff semi finals, had us playing attractive, exciting, attacking football, scoring more goals than we have any right to, had goals coming in from 20 different players, and achieved record attendance figures away from home (which wouldn't happen if we were playing dire football or not in with a chance of promotion)

It's just that some like to dwell on the mistakes instead of themselves admitting that all managers make errors and mistakes, and refusing to look at the bigger picture and instead get influenced by those who seemingly want to hate him no matter what he does. I call those people naive at best.

• Like 5

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

he needs to prove he’s that guy, and so far he hasn’t done.

You're right

Let's sack him and get Pulis back, or Jos, or Monk?

FFS

When you say " he needs to prove he’s that guy, and so far he hasn’t done" let's be honest - what you're really saying is "He'll never prove it to me no matter what he does"

I wish Moore haters would at least be honest

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Again 

For the record

Let me just state that again for those who will (undoubtedly) try and suggest it's never discussed or admitted or stated...

Thing is though he's also got us to the playoff semi finals, had us playing attractive, exciting, attacking football, scoring more goals than we have any right to, had goals coming in from 20 different players, and achieved record attendance figures away from home (which wouldn't happen if we were playing dire football or not in with a chance of promotion)

It's just that some like to dwell on the mistakes instead of themselves admitting that all managers make errors and mistakes, and refusing to look at the bigger picture and instead get influenced by those who seemingly want to hate him no matter what he does. I call those people naive at best.

Quite a few not sure about him...................don`t think anyone "hates" him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You're right

Let's sack him and get Pulis back, or Jos, or Monk?

FFS

When you say " he needs to prove he’s that guy, and so far he hasn’t done" let's be honest - what you're really saying is "He'll never prove it to me no matter what he does"

I wish Moore haters would at least be honest

Nope. He could have proved it by keeping us up in 2020/21 and didn’t do. He could have proved it by getting us in 2021/22 and didn’t do. He can prove it again by winning automatic promotion in 2022/23 but so far he’s 0/2 hence the scepticism.

There is something to be said for having a good man in charge. Obviously, you want all our managers to do well, but it would be extra special to see this chap succeed here.

He's not perfect, but there is something there. That second half of the season gives me real hope going forward. I think we hit a bit of a wall, literally and figuratively, in the play offs, but there are positives to be taken overall.

Also think doing this interview with him was a really smart move from the club. Sort of focuses minds.

1 minute ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

Nope. He could have proved it by keeping us up in 2020/21 and didn’t do. 

I see

And you're once again discounting that he was in hospital, surrounded by cardiac nurses, with covid, pneumonia and pluresy and actually really fighting for his life

Classy

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

33 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

I agree that the manager should just get on with the job. We should be told when a player comes to the club or leaves. We should be told the starting line up an hour before kick off. Other than that, shut up.

But fans want to know everything that going on at the club, or not going on. And why. Many of us demand interviews, want them more often. If Moore “put his head down and got on with it” he’d be slated on here for being remote, aloof and out of touch. Give him a break ffs.

You can easily predict what's going to be said anyway, it's like watching a game on match of the day, and then the experts talk about what happened for the next 10 minutes, "Hello, we've just watched it" ffs

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I see

And you're once again discounting that he was in hospital, surrounded by cardiac nurses, with covid, pneumonia and pluresy and actually really fighting for his life

Classy

He and the coaching staff said at the time that he was in constant contact during his illness. I don’t understand why you would just go ‘oh that’s alright then if we get relegated because he was off sick’.

Businesses have contingency plans and keep operating even when the key man is away. Other people run the country when the prime minister is off.

His coaching staff put into action his ideas and we just didn’t get the results needed. It also wasn’t like we were getting good results, Moore got ill and it tailed off, then picked up again when he was back. It was just crap the whole way through.. we lost the first 3 games and that was before he was ill.

1 minute ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

He and the coaching staff said at the time that he was in constant contact during his illness. I don’t understand why you would just go ‘oh that’s alright then if we get relegated because he was off sick’.

Businesses have contingency plans and keep operating even when the key man is away. Other people run the country when the prime minister is off.

His coaching staff put into action his ideas and we just didn’t get the results needed. It also wasn’t like we were getting good results, Moore got ill and it tailed off, then picked up again when he was back. It was just crap the whole way through.. we lost the first 3 games and that was before he was ill.

Put your spade away.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

2 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

Horrific views 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

You can easily predict what's going to be said anyway, it's like watching a game on match of the day, and then the experts talk about what happened for the next 10 minutes, "Hello, we've just watched it" ffs

Would you prefer it if the manager (not just Moore, but all managers) didn’t give pre-match and post-match and end of season interviews?

I would, but I feel that I’m in a minority of one.

An occasional club statement on transfers (in and out), contracts, long term injury updates, coaching staff appointments and the like and that’s all we need. Leave the manager to get on with the day job.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Horrific views 

Just truth. We beat Cardiff 5-0 when he was away.. point is there was no discernible difference in results between him being here, him being ill and him coming back from illness.

You could see what we were trying to do, the style of play changed and was consistent whether we were being led by Moore or his coaches. We played some nice football at times but weren’t good enough in either box, lost games to defensive errors watching the likes of Lees and Borner play out from the back.

4 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

Just truth. We beat Cardiff 5-0 when he was away.. point is there was no discernible difference in results between him being here, him being ill and him coming back from illness 

He was in hospital fighting for his life

If it was your kid that was in hospital fighting for their life and someone was ranting about how they should have done better in their job during that time what would you say to them?

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

11 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Quite a long interview with the manager - don’t ever recall one at this time of the year.

The mans clearly focused and put the playoffs behind him. Can only be a good thing, lets get behind him.

Interesting. Suggests we are buying players

.. "even get to meet the players, if they are free agents".

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He was in hospital fighting for his life

If it was your kid that was in hospital fighting for their life and someone was ranting about how they should have done better in their job during that time what would you say to them?

So do you think if we lost every game when he was in hospital then he would be blame free even if his staff were implementing his philosophy, culture and tactics for him? He should have taken all the time he needed to get better, which he did, but he’s still responsible for his staff doing their jobs.

As I said you could see a difference in the style of play, so they did change things. They just got it wrong trying to get us to play out when we had an average to poor side and were in a relegation battle.

56 minutes ago, MBMitchell said:

Is it

I must have missed these

You Jim German bird and several others talk like he's the second coming

I just see that he’s got a certain something that some of his recent predecessors lacked and that we desperately need.

I read on the comments below the YouTube video of this interview and someone said Jose Mourinho once tipped Moore to be a Top Manager. I’ll read more into those comments than yours 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

So do you think if we lost every game when he was in hospital then he would be blame free even if his staff were implementing his philosophy, culture and tactics for him? He should have taken all the time he needed to get better, which he did, but he’s still responsible for his staff doing their jobs.

As I said you could see a difference in the style of play, so they did change things. They just got it wrong trying to get us to play out when we had an average to poor side and were in a relegation battle.

Puts spade away and returns with JCB.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

26 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

I'm not engaging with you anymore during your hate festival parade.
Take your distasteful comments to someone else if you want to provoke any more attention

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop