Interview with DM - surprisingly early

Decent interview that.

I hope he manages to find some time to have a break before the new season starts though, or I think he might be facing divorce at some point.

I'm really looking forward to next season and can't wait to see who the recruitment team manage to get on board.

• Like 1

Personally I’m not impressed and don’t see last season as a success, nor the third of a season he had the season before.

That said, think it would be a bit harsh to replace him immediately.

Its one of those where if he doesn’t have the best of starts next season he’d have to go, we have to be in contention for automatics all the way through. 

I’d think it’s more likely than not that we won’t be in contention all the way through on the basis that I’ve not seen anything to suggest he will get the required consistency and not bottle big games.

We will probably do well enough though to be in contention for the play offs which might keep DM in a job, can see him being given the season if we’re on for top 6.

I’m so bored of this division already and just have a feeling we might get stuck down here a while now unless we have a manager that can guide us to automatic promotion.

22 minutes ago, robbie said:

Just watching his interview now, load of fanny about stats, better end of season, etc etc

He's talking as if the last season in division 3 was a triumph

Bottom line he failed to get us out of the third division, and with the players he's had we should have romped out, the guy in charge at rovrum, goodness knows what his budget was, at a guess probably a third of Darren Moores

No confidence in him, when we won six nil next game he changed three players WTF

But he'll be manager start of next season

Nowt like rewarding failure

As a manager you've also got to try and kick start that positivity with the group you have from now, so ive no issue with how he spoke at all. 

What good is it going to do him sitting there (trying to recruit players and resign ones) being all doom and gloom about what a failure the season was? 

Ultimately the first half of the season cost us. The way we finished the league season we were in great form until the playoffs, 

Yes Warne did a better job on less, but he also didnt have to recruit and change 16 new players following a poisonous previous season full of disaster, not paying players, relegation, players wanting to leave etc. 

Moore has got through that now, so time to show what he can do with a season under his belt and a more stable club. 

Has to hit the ground running 

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

The guy at Rovrum, had pretty much the same set of players for 3 seasons; They won promotion, got relagated, and won promotion. We, on the other hand, had to replace 15 players at the start of last season. We could have easily been facing a bottom half finish.

I think you need to go away, take a good hard look at where we are as a club, and wake up to reality.

That’s Rotherham. This is Sheffield Wednesday. Moore absolutely deserves more time but he needs a fast start. 

• Like 1

Spoke well.

I think it's good we've had something like this at this time, a couple of weeks on but still a way to go until pre season is just about right.

No point dwelling on the Play Offs, top 2 has to be the aim next season.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

As a manager you've also got to try and kick start that positivity with the group you have from now, so ive no issue with how he spoke at all. 

What good is it going to do him sitting there (trying to recruit players and resign ones) being all doom and gloom about what a failure the season was? 

Ultimately the first half of the season cost us. The way we finished the league season we were in great form until the playoffs, 

Yes Warne did a better job on less, but he also didnt have to recruit and change 16 new players following a poisonous previous season full of disaster, not paying players, relegation, players wanting to leave etc. 

Moore has got through that now, so time to show what he can do with a season under his belt and a more stable club. 

Has to hit the ground running 

Warne has also been Rotherham's manager (and a manager in general) a lot longer than Moore has here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good to hear that from Moore, an unexpected surprise interview, but then I suppose this is the first summer for some time when there hasn't been any uncertainty over the managers position. That's good to have consistency and build on the foundations from last season. 

Also good to hear that recruitment  is in hand and that players back in early for a 6 week pre season. Plenty of time to get them conditioned ready for the season and do some tactical work on the training pitch...which is also positive that they are being relaid, along with the Hillsborough pitch.

Hopefully, some credible transfer rumours may start popping up after next week and may see a signing or two lined up for the start of pre season? 

• Like 2