Rio Shipston

5 hours ago, Jim said:

We’ve got a group of young players coming through who have a chance of making it. How Moore deals with these players may go some way to deciding whether he is successful here or not. Personally I’d back him to get this right.

Twas ever thus with youngsters at every club.  Some you win, some you lose...

• Like 2

On 27/05/2022 at 15:40, malek said:

Hard to say without been on the training ground day in day out and learning about their characters and million other things that decide...

Cadamarteri would be more of a sure bet to make it as his physical development is far ahead of the curve for a boy his age. Going by what I've seen of him He knows exactly what is needed at this level, got good character and grasp on tactical aspect of the game. i believe his father worked with him and prepared him well even before He made step up to academy football.

Shipston is different. I said few times that He wouldn't look out of place at PL2 academy as his technique, passing skill and awareness of what is going on around him are that good even now. Also, he is fairly athletic and could in my opinion develop into good all round midfielder who is capable of playing every role in central midfield. However, He is far off and needs to up his performances, influence matches more and cut down on silly mistakes. Would love to see how well (or not) He would perform if given chance in the Pizza Cup next to Bannan and Byers.

This is what I’m hoping we use this comp for to bloody the young lads WITH our first team players. Try to win it but by using the likes of Aguas Shipson Cadamateri with our first team. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Hope we have 

Indeed.

Could be that We are sending him a message as well. Despite all his talent no one can say that he had a great season. Didn't score from open play, but got sent off 3 times.

Problem is that other club's got interested and are monitoring his situation.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, malek said:

Indeed.

Could be that We are sending him a message as well. Despite all his talent no one can say that he had a great season. Didn't score from open play, but got sent off 3 times.

Problem is that other club's got interested and are monitoring his situation.

Sounds like a younger Hutchinson.

1 minute ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Sounds like a younger Hutchinson.

Sounds so, but he is a totally different type of player. Rangy playmaker with quick first step and excellent passing skill.

I've seen him only in 3 FA Youth Cup games, but in my opinion (for however little it is worth) He could well be the most talented central midfielder We had here in ages.

• Like 3

On 27/05/2022 at 15:10, beswetherick said:

His name is Rio and we’ll sell him for ten grand…

Needs some work

Wait till it starts lashing it down again & we have to try and save the pitch to get a game on. Rio will literally be dancing on the sand.

• Love 1

On 27/05/2022 at 15:40, malek said:

Hard to say without been on the training ground day in day out and learning about their characters and million other things that decide...

Cadamarteri would be more of a sure bet to make it as his physical development is far ahead of the curve for a boy his age. Going by what I've seen of him He knows exactly what is needed at this level, got good character and grasp on tactical aspect of the game. i believe his father worked with him and prepared him well even before He made step up to academy football.

Shipston is different. I said few times that He wouldn't look out of place at PL2 academy as his technique, passing skill and awareness of what is going on around him are that good even now. Also, he is fairly athletic and could in my opinion develop into good all round midfielder who is capable of playing every role in central midfield. However, He is far off and needs to up his performances, influence matches more and cut down on silly mistakes. Would love to see how well (or not) He would perform if given chance in the Pizza Cup next to Bannan and Byers.

Is he a similar type of player to Byers then @malek

11 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Is he a similar type of player to Byers then @malek

It is hard to compare developing 17 years old playing underage football with a first team player (I'm aware that I did just that comparing him to Hutch), but out of all current Wednesday players He reminds me the most of Byers and if He was to play in our starting 11 next game then it would be in his role.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, malek said:

It is hard to compare developing 17 years old playing underage football with a first team player (I'm aware that I did just that comparing him to Hutch), but out of all current Wednesday players He reminds me the most of Byers and if He was to play in our starting 11 next game then it would be in his role.

Thanks @malek. Much appreciated. 

• Thanks 1

I think we have a group of lads including Cadamarteri and Shipston who have been at the club’s academy a long long time.

I don’t see any of them looking to jump ship anytime soon. In fact it could be a similar time to the late 1970s/early 1980s when we had a significant group of young local lads who made the breakthrough into the first team and made a big impact towards our eventual return to the Top Flight.

We can dream again, can’t we? 😉

• Like 1
  • Love 1