Rio Shipston

Can’t say I’ve seen too much of this lad,  anyone got the knowledge ? He decent ? Sounds like needs tying down to a proper deal 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Can’t say I’ve seen too much of this lad,  anyone got the knowledge ? He decent ? Sounds like needs tying down to a proper deal 

I'm sure @malek can say more, but from the game I saw he was a skilful central midfielder, who perhaps could play as a number 10 as well.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, malek said:

Central midfielder who's vision and passing are joy to behold. Tall and lanky, moves around pitch well and closes down opposition quickly.

Didn't have great season, but his talent is obvious from miles away and it is no surprise that Premier League clubs are keeping tabs on him.

He turned 17 last November and as far as I know We are yet to offer him pro contract. If He leaves for nothing We have only ourselves to blame.

Strange why we haven’t offered anything yet then,  surely DM is aware of this lad 

What’s happening with Leojo Davidson ? I’ve heard nothing but good stuff about that lad, he was bagging for fun at one point wasn’t he ? 

We’ve got a group of young players coming through who have a chance of making it. How Moore deals with these players may go some way to deciding whether he is successful here or not. Personally I’d back him to get this right.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Strange why we haven’t offered anything yet then,  surely DM is aware of this lad 

I believe that We are aware of his talent and of other club's likely interest in him. It could be that we restrain from offering him pro contract in order to "keep him on his toes" and push him to improve his performances.

What’s happening with Leojo Davidson ? I’ve heard nothing but good stuff about that lad, he was bagging for fun at one point wasn’t he ? 

I believe that Davidson signed his pro contract last year. It could even be that We signed him from City on contract that became active as soon as He turned 17. He had fantastic season for U-18's and got some minutes for U-23 side. It will be very interesting to see if he will be able to perform as well as he did last season against older boys. Personally, I have my doubts.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jim said:

We’ve got a group of young players coming through who have a chance of making it. How Moore deals with these players may go some way to deciding whether he is successful here or not. Personally I’d back him to get this right.

Last season after Shaw and Urhoghide signed with Celtic, Moore promised how something like that will never again happen while He is in charge. Lets keep him to his word.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, malek said:

Last season after Shaw and Urhoghide signed with Celtic, Moore promised how something like that will never again happen while He is in charge. Lets keep him to his word.

I’ve said a few times I believe Moore’s appointment was with a view to us improving our problems with transitioning Academy players into our first team amongst other things. Whether his critics like it or not we have to give someone the time to build this football club as it’s infrastructure has been badly neglected for the best part of 20 years.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, malek said:

How do we do that ?..... 

36 minutes ago, torryowl said:

How do we do that ?..... 

Obviously it is not Moore who is deciding how much We will offer to the players in terms of wages, bonuses, etc...

Ultimately it is player himself who is deciding if He wants to stay here or sign for another club.

However, it is my understanding that Moore thought more could have been done to keep these two at the club, and unlike managers before him it is what He wants to do - more. Is it a more personal work with such players, clearly defined route to the first team football, etc... I don't know. But so far I'm liking what I'm hearing from him on that topic. He certainly seems to be more involved with players development and is in regular contact with academy and development team coaches. Again, I might be wrong, but I believe that  this part of job was largely neglected by our previous managers.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, trev said:

Malek, who would you consider to have the brighter future, this lad or Cadamarteri?

Hard to say without been on the training ground day in day out and learning about their characters and million other things that decide...

Cadamarteri would be more of a sure bet to make it as his physical development is far ahead of the curve for a boy his age. Going by what I've seen of him He knows exactly what is needed at this level, got good character and grasp on tactical aspect of the game. i believe his father worked with him and prepared him well even before He made step up to academy football.

Shipston is different. I said few times that He wouldn't look out of place at PL2 academy as his technique, passing skill and awareness of what is going on around him are that good even now. Also, he is fairly athletic and could in my opinion develop into good all round midfielder who is capable of playing every role in central midfield. However, He is far off and needs to up his performances, influence matches more and cut down on silly mistakes. Would love to see how well (or not) He would perform if given chance in the Pizza Cup next to Bannan and Byers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2