Non-SWFC transfers and rumours summer 2022

Villa quick off the mark in the PL this summer: Coutinho signed after his loan there and they’ve added Boubacar Kamara on a free from Marseille and now Diego Carlos from Sevilla. 

Haaland to City is obviously going to be big news, but their other new striker Alvarez scored 6 in the Copa Libertadores last night for River Plate and looks quite handy. 

Newcastle and Chelsea will presumably be splashing the cash under new ownership too.

Wonder what this summer’s tedious transfer saga will be?

2 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

That’s the guy Newcastle wanted isn’t it. 

Guess they weren’t going to fight for him after getting Dan Burn

It is yeah. Think Newcastle might be shopping in more expensive markets this summer now they’ve stayed up though 

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Mane looking like leaving Liverpool. If I were them I’d look at Osimhen from Napoli as a replacement.

Or maybe even Lewandowski… but he wants to go to Barca… Seems like he’d be too old for Liverpool though. 

It terms of the most tedious, drawn out transfer saga of the summer I cannot see anything topping the Mbappe debacle.

I think it will involve Man U in some way, sure they will be linked to just about every half decent player going this summer. 

Then there will be Pogba, where will he end up?

2 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Mane looking like leaving Liverpool. If I were them I’d look at Osimhen from Napoli as a replacement.

Talk about clubs interested in Raheem Sterling this summer — I doubt City would let him go to Liverpool but he’d probably be the best like for like replacement for Mane

On 01/06/2022 at 13:42, Mr Mercury said:

89m Pogba leaving Man U on a free transfer ......:duntmatter:

After leaving on a free the first time, costing them £89m to bring him back, then leaving on a free again.

Edited by sheffield_dave
  • Like 1

Pogba and Lukaku, both shown to have issues with their attitude... Both k ow by their clubs previously, and both ignored completely that. 

Surely getting a good team spirit is way more important then half arsed talented egos

Real Madrid have signed France midfielder Aurelien Tchouameni from Monaco on a six-year deal.

Both clubs have announced the deal and Real say they will hold a presentation ceremony for the 22-year-old on Tuesday following a medical.

Tchouameni made 35 Ligue 1 appearances for Monaco last season, contributing three goals and two assists.

He has made 11 appearances for France since making his international debut in September.

The deal is reported to be worth 80m euros (£68.3m) plus about 20m euros (£17m) in add-ons.

The big boys starting to get their business done now…

Nunez to Liverpool for 64m, presumably to replace Mane 

Man City linked with Phillips and Cucurella

Arsenal signing another Vieira

Bissouma supposedly going to Spurs for 22.5m, great signing for them IMO