Name a SWFC player from the past who doesn't get enough respect or love

Agree on Woods. His legacy will always be the cup final and a couple of bad errors against the pigs but in the main he was superb.

Also Graham Hyde, terrific little player. Surprised me his career never amounted to much

And Viv Anderson. When people dismiss the idea of signing 30+ yo players based on their age I usually think of Viv… must’ve been 32/33 when we signed him and what a job he did for us.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Yep. Could guarantee you would disagree with that. 

I thought he was a better player than people gave him credit for. 

Our best run of the season in 2017 occurred with him in the team at the time. He was one of the few players who could play a defensive midfield role in a two. He was also one of the few players in the team with promotions to his name (I believe 3 in total). 

Compared to Abdi, he was the signing of the century. 

Fully agree with this.

Thought we was excellent in that period at the end of 16/17.

Ran the show against Newcastle.

1 hour ago, paulrs said:

Agree on Woods. His legacy will always be the cup final and a couple of bad errors against the pigs but in the main he was superb.

Also Graham Hyde, terrific little player. Surprised me his career never amounted to much

And Viv Anderson. When people dismiss the idea of signing 30+ yo players based on their age I usually think of Viv… must’ve been 32/33 when we signed him and what a job he did for us.

Viv Anderson   was excellent   for  us 

• Like 2

Ola Tidman

Nah I'm kidding 

Cameron Dawson and Liam Palmer spring to mind, I look forward to see how Dawson does now hes back, I think he did very well at first then struggled. far as Palmer, I truly have no idea what the problem is or has ever been, I think hes one of our best players currently.

Ola Tidman was arsegravy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, elyowl1 said:

Klas Ingersson on a hiding to nothing as a  replacement for Sheridan, went on to have a good career in Seria A as we gradually slipped away. 

See Pembridge and Magilton who also were highly unloved and underrated. 

I seem to remember that Ingersson was well liked.  Pembridge and Magilton had a decent game game once every so often.   

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Chris Woods was tripe for us. 

Dropped clangers in high profile games, other than that one of the better keepers we've had.

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Trevor Francis. Dread to think how good he was in his pomp.  

Agree, when we first got him, I was disappointed that we had signed an aging player looking for a final payout.  For me one of the best players to pull on a Wednesday shirt, magnificent.

• Like 4

Agree Lawrie Madden totally would come in do a job get dropped no moaning just got on with the job in hand also a nice bloke

Got to mention Chris Woods ?? Remember Billy Big B******s before away match at Lane cannot remember year I think the quote went " I have played in a Glasgow Derby nothing will phase me " totally bottled it in the game. Then of course caught the Arsenal header at Wembley then throw it in net......come on !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest hirstysfags
10 hours ago, ReginaldD said:

Ben Marshall, he had a great loan spell not heard a word about him since.

I'll add Owen Morrison to that. Never gets a mention.

Guest hirstysfags
8 hours ago, paulrs said:

Yes, i was going to add Viv to the list as well. Unflappable. Cultured. Nasty when needed.