Name a SWFC player from the past who doesn't get enough respect or love

Guest Musttryharder

Go on , I'll bite first, Nuhiu. He gets and got some reight stick on here. I thought on his day virually unplayable. Very likeable guy and Im surprised he lasted as long as he did with the ******** take nickname which he hated.

Klas Ingersson on a hiding to nothing as a  replacement for Sheridan, went on to have a good career in Seria A as we gradually slipped away. 

See Pembridge and Magilton who also were highly unloved and underrated. 

• Like 4

Its hard to think of anyone in the past 5-7 years and that’s entirely because of social media ( and dare I say it) forums such as Owlstalk.  That is is where all the abuse frequently first surfaces and subsequently echos around the ground and gathers credence.   I love Owlstalk and there few better ways to keep in touch with the club and others fans’ views - but it is also pretty poisonous at times too.  For the unthinking it is an easy way to jump on the bandwagon 😊

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

Klas Ingersson on a hiding to nothing as a  replacement for Sheridan, went on to have a good career in Seria A as we gradually slipped away. 

See Pembridge and Magilton who also were highly unloved and underrated. 

I liked Ingersson and thought he was a lot better than some made out. Pembridge at one point got some unfair stick and I think then ended up winning our player of the year. Magilton was poor cor Wednesday IMO.

9 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Jermaine Johnson

Some call him thick or lazy - made games worth watching and always put teams on the back foot.

Scored some awesome and important goals for us.

I think the vast majority liked JJ I certainly did. On his day he was unplayable.