Who are your top 3 Wednesday players of all time?

On 25/05/2022 at 04:13, Angus McCoatup said:

My top 5 are Waddle, Sheridan, Hirst, Nilsson and Walker. 

Waddle and Sheridan definitely in, but can't pick a 3rd from the remaining 3. Could argue the case for all of them 

These are also my top 5. There's a cig paper between them all, so its hard to choose a top 3, but if pushed I'd go for;

1. Hirst
2. Waddle
3. Walker

-------------------

4. Nilsson 

5. Sheridan

• Like 1

On 24/05/2022 at 21:48, El Toro said:

Nilsson, Waddle and Hirst. Felt bad leaving out Sheridan and Walker.

Exactly the same. 🙂

Also for anybody who doesn't put Waddle in their list, we can arrange medication.

• Like 1

Lee Grant - played a huge part in us staying in the Championship in his time here. Up there as the best goalkeeper in the league in his time here.

Fernando Forestieri - Carbone / Di Canio were a few years before I started having a season ticket.  FF was the first truly magical player I'd watched play for us. I'd seen JJ, Brunt etc light up a game but FF on his day when at his best for us felt like a serious Premier League talent.

Barry Bannan - instrumental in making us competitive at the top of the Championship. Longevity and a top talent we're fortunate to have in L1 here 

John Sheridan- if I could play like any Wednesday player it would be him

Chris Waddle- possibly the only Wednesday player I've seen who was near enough the best player in England for a certain period of time.

Carbone- a proper flair player that lit up some very average Wednesday teams.

On 25/05/2022 at 09:17, adelphi1867 said:

How can it be "of all time" when we haven't seen all the players in then clubs Histroy?.

In Recent My Recent History, Late 60's to present day.:

David Ford

Lee Chapman

Mick Lyons

Tommy Craig

Mel Sterland

David Hirst

Chris Waddle

Des Walker

ETC

Has anyone mentioned Ernest Blenkinsop, Ellis Rimmer, etc. Guess "of all time " is misleading. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Has anyone mentioned Ernest Blenkinsop, Ellis Rimmer, etc. Guess "of all time " is misleading. 

Fun police are out again 🙄

I started this thread as I thought it would be a nice little thread to get people talking without any arguments or pulling people down,99% of people who have replied have simply given their favourite players that they have seen in their life time as I did so myself and is what I meant in the title as I’m pretty sure none of us have been around since 1867

end of the day fella we’re all Wednesday fans on here and I don’t really see the need for any petty sniping between each other.

apologies if I’ve missed out any capital letters comma’s and full stops,I must try harder next time.

UTO

• Like 2