Who are your top 3 Wednesday players of all time?

Guest DoesJackHunt
14 hours ago, OzOwl said:

How does anyone not include Roland Nilsson?

Might not have seen him given the other players 

Lee Chapman started out as my favourite player. He scored a hattrick in one of my first games at Hillsborough. But Hirst took his place. My dad and I used to talk about Hirsty all the time. Just an incredible player before Arsenal did him in. I think I'd still gladly take a golf club to the likes of Bould and Linighan. At least they broke Morrow's arm in the league Cup final celebrations. Waddle was majestic. We were so lucky to see him play for us. And Roland. Just what an absolute legend and professional. He must have had huge pockets, because he put everyone in them. Lee Sharpe will give Wednesday a headache. Nope. I'm my pocket. Nilsson caught wingers like Pokemon. He gotta caught em all. 

I think if you are talking about all time then players like Fred Spiksley, Ernie Blenkinsop, Jimmy Seed and Ron Springett have to be in the equation.

But I'll just go with who I've seen and of who I've seen the best 3 players were 1) Chris Waddle, 2) John Sheridan and 3) Carlton Palmer.

Honourable mentions to Roland Nilsson and Des Walker too. David Hirst on early 90s form would be right up there too, although he tailed off quite a bit after the early 90s. You could even make a case for Mark Bright being a consistently better player than Hirst - not as many 9/10 games as Hirst, but a lot more 7/10 and 8/10 ones.

On 24/05/2022 at 19:29, Waddles Big Toe said:

I suppose it depends on when you were born on who you may choose, but for me it goes like this.

1.Chris waddle

2.des walker

3.benito carbone 

Hirst

Nielsen

Waddle

2 minutes ago, bradowl said:

My 3 are....

Sterland

Hirst

Waddle

My other 3 because I want to name another 3 are.....

Nilsson

Di Canio

Varadi

Fair play pal I know it’s a tough ask naming only 3

i remember my old man talking about varadi,unfortunately he was a bit before my time so didn’t actually see him play but from what I hear he was some player.