Bailey Cadamarteri latest

38 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

That is the case but he got a full year playing under his belt. Which at us he wouldn’t have got 

Maybe, but did Jack poo in a pizz poor league. You could argue that year set him back rather than helped his development. He hardly set the world alight in his season with the mini pigs. 

10 hours ago, Brommers said:

Maybe, but did Jack poo in a pizz poor league. You could argue that year set him back rather than helped his development. He hardly set the world alight in his season with the mini pigs. 

Playing regular first team football certainly didn't set him back. What set him back was Wednesday banning him from playing underage football and training at the club.

Hirst did poorly in 2'nd tire of Belgian football and certainly not done enough on loan at Rotherham, but saying that playing in Belgium and been member of Rotherham's first team squad set him back is plain wrong.

28 minutes ago, malek said:

Playing regular first team football certainly didn't set him back. What set him back was Wednesday banning him from playing underage football and training at the club.

Hirst did poorly in 2'nd tire of Belgian football and certainly not done enough on loan at Rotherham, but saying that playing in Belgium and been member of Rotherham's first team squad set him back is plain wrong.

Those actions taken against GH weren't done just for a laugh, the club clearly had their reasons.

The status of his development can't be proven one way or the other. I could equally argue that had he stayed with us and played in the U23s with occasional 1st team games, he could be better than he currently is.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Brommers said:

I agree it did hinder him. However at the time of making the decision it was play or not play 

3 hours ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Him and Shippton should be around squad  next season,  they are both good pals too 

Shipston is a great prospect, some of passes he can spot, his touch and passing skill are a sight to behold . 

But he had awful season, didn't score from open play and got sent off 3 times. I'm sure that our coaching team expected more from him and shouldn't reward him by promoting him year early. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, malek said:

Shipston is a great prospect, some of passes he can spot, his touch and passing skill are a sight to behold . 

But he had awful season, didn't score from open play and got sent off 3 times. I'm sure that our coaching team expected more from him and shouldn't reward him by promoting him year early. 

Not seen him much but had a great game against Southampton in the youth cup sounds like he needs to work on his tackling. 

9 hours ago, malek said:

Always appreciate your reasonable opinions and updates on our youth players.

We get better communication from you about these players than we do the local journalists and the club. 

We need to show a commitment to developing him and present him with a clear path to the first team. I'm sure Moore is more than capable of that and as fans, we need to be patient and not rush his progress. 

I like what I've seen of him but the gap between the U18s and U23s is significant, nevermind the gap between the U18s to the first team. 

Am I right in thinking he's already been promoted to the U23s now? 

If that's the case, I'd possibly have him training with the first team in pre-season with a view to being on the bench in a couple of the friendlies and JPT matches. 

He may have the technical ability but he needs to experience communication and develop his decision making when surrounded by experienced players. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Think I’ve read somewhere that Moore is going to get him and others young ones around the 1st team to train etc. 

Things like that, coupled with travelling with them just for the experience will hopefully do him the world of good. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HootHoot said:

We need to show a commitment to developing him and present him with a clear path to the first team. I'm sure Moore is more than capable of that and as fans, we need to be patient and not rush his progress. 

I like what I've seen of him but the gap between the U18s and U23s is significant, nevermind the gap between the U18s to the first team. 

Am I right in thinking he's already been promoted to the U23s now? 

If you are talking about Cadamarteri, he got promoted to U-23 team towards end of the season and even scored his first goal at that level. Listening at noises from the club it sounds like We are doing really well to make him feel wanted and define path to the first team football for him.

If you are talking about Shipston, he is yet to play for U-23's and get offer of pro contract despite turning 17 last November. Moore himself said how he knows everything about both Cadamarteri and Shipston and how he is eager to take good look at both of them. Soon after Shipston got injured, missed few games and never got called to U-23 squad that was at time overloaded with central midfielders, both our own and those we brought in on trial. I'm confident He will have great next season and get offer of a long term contract.

• Like 3

On 24/05/2022 at 17:02, Stu said:

Guarantee that DM has a hand in this,  sell snow to Eskimos that man 👌

Hi Tunni Umundo here. I am an Eskimo. Just to say DM is not to be trusted. I bought snow from him but he sent a tank of water, a freezer, and an ice scraper. Don't be fooled.

• Haha 1