Bailey Cadamarteri latest

3 hours ago, Swfcsi said:

Tell you what he's better than George Hirst and I'd give him a few apperences in the first team if he signs ..

i would think thats the plan or they wouldnt be offering  a long contract otherwise ....

To be fair and put things into perspective. Hirst signed his first pro  deal right away. It is that we gave him 1 or 2 years deal and didn't followed through with what we promissed him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, malek said:

To be fair and put things into perspective. Hirst signed his first pro  deal right away. It is that we gave him 1 or 2 years deal and didn't followed through with what we promissed him. 

This often gets overlooked in the Hirst issues. Yes he wasn’t blameless but look at it from his point of view. 
He’s come off a season of scoring shed loads in youth football and internationally. He’s courted by premier league clubs. His club have just had a run to the playoff final playing attacking football and scoring lots of goals. They have a striking pool of Forestieri Hooper Joao Nuhiu. 

Surely he’s thinking I’m 5th choice here but when I get game time there are chances to be had and I can play with players of that calibre. As the season goes on I’ll get more involved if I take them.

But what happens, we sign Fletcher to make him number 6 in line, and we go defensive. It’s not really that successful then we sign Rhodes and Winnall in January.

So yeah he may not have acted well but we’re sure as hell didn’t treat him right. That said I’d have him back this summer !

• Like 3

4 hours ago, trev said:

Yeah but...on the other hand...we are well overdue a really decent prospect to come through our ranks.

Other clubs get lucky.

We are due some bloody luck.

I suspect it’s not all to do with luck.  Some clubs produce decent young players on a reasonably regular basis.  Our inability to do so is, for me, our biggest failing as a club.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

This often gets overlooked in the Hirst issues. Yes he wasn’t blameless but look at it from his point of view. 
He’s come off a season of scoring shed loads in youth football and internationally. He’s courted by premier league clubs. His club have just had a run to the playoff final playing attacking football and scoring lots of goals. They have a striking pool of Forestieri Hooper Joao Nuhiu. 

Surely he’s thinking I’m 5th choice here but when I get game time there are chances to be had and I can play with players of that calibre. As the season goes on I’ll get more involved if I take them.

But what happens, we sign Fletcher to make him number 6 in line, and we go defensive. It’s not really that successful then we sign Rhodes and Winnall in January.

So yeah he may not have acted well but we’re sure as hell didn’t treat him right. That said I’d have him back this summer !

Hmm, so I'll sign for Leicester City where I'm bound to get regular 1st team appearances. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

I suspect it’s not all to do with luck.  Some clubs produce decent young players on a reasonably regular basis.  Our inability to do so is, for me, our biggest failing as a club.

Yeah of course, it was said a bit tongue in cheek. These players don't develop themselves.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, trev said:

Yeah of course, it was said a bit tongue in cheek. These players don't develop themselves.

Keeping fingers crossed on this one, would be great to see more players we’ve developed coming through. Hopefully see benefits on the playing side and financially.

1 hour ago, Swfcsi said:

Because I've seen them both play 

Hirst made his debut for the England Under-17 in 2016 scoring twice against Germany. He was in the squad for the 2016 UEFA European Under-17 Championship and started the Quarter-final

On 23 August 2016, Hirst was called up to the England U18's for the first time. In summer 2017, Hirst represented England Under 20s at the 2017 Toulon Tournament, scoring a hat-trick against Cuba to take his 2016–17 tally to 40 goals in all competitions. Hirst started in the final against the Ivory Coast which England won on penalties and was subsequently named in the team of the tournament.

Bailey-Tye Cadamarteri plays for Sheffield Wednesdays academy

But hey, if you’ve seen them both play, I’m sure you’re right……

DEEF3FA2-8DD4-46EC-B701-4BCAD66593E0.jpeg

• Like 1