Introducing SWFC NCS - Please read as you'll know someone who would love this!

With Owlstalk moving forward, I want to try and help the SWFC Community Team out a lot more by spreading the word on the work they do, supporting financially (Owlstalk readers already raised £1000 for the community team in our last fundraiser which we gave to them around the same time we sponsored Liam Palmer)

The team do amazing work throughout the season but also in closed season when they have so much going on that I think it's important to raise awareness of it so you can share this thread with the people that you know that might want to get involved and benefit from the SWFC Community Team's work

So without further ado, here's a look at this summer's NCS which for young adults between 15 and 17 is a lifechanging experience and the cost of which is totally affordable too.

NCS is a two week programme for 15 to 17 year olds.

You know that buzz you feel when you nail something you thought was near to impossible? When you feel epic? Imagine that, but for every day you’re with us. Throw that in with meeting a new crowd (who might end up as mates for life!), taking on challenges together (depending on where you are in the country you might do things like braving new heights on a climbing wall, turn your Sherlock on in a city wide scavenger hunt, or hit the water - and stay afloat! - in a river kayak adventure) and still having some time to recharge and chill.

Pretty great, right?

“I loved my team and we really worked together well. The instructors made it such an enjoyable experience and it was such a great time. I just loved it and I built relationships with people I wouldn’t think I ever would” - Sonia, Manchester

The programme is design to support young people in gaining valuable skills which will then support them as they enter the world of work or as they go off to university.

Programme overview: 

WEEK 1 - Week one is residential in which they will start their journey with lots of fun outdoor activities and learn about independent living.  

WEEK 2 - Week 2 is based back in Sheffield where they get to deliver a social action project within the local community. 

COSTS
The cost is only £50 which includes travel to and from the residential site during week 1, accommodation, and all the activities we provide during the 2 weeks.

Note - This cost can be reduced further to as little as £10, if the young person is on free school meals, has a EHCP or is a young carer.

Now I know that many Owlstalk readers aren't in this age bracket but we all know people that are (family, friends etc) so I would really appreciate it if you could take a few seconds of your life to simply share the link to this page with them so that they can have a look and see if it's for them.

The link to sign up or to find out a bit more info is https://wearencs.com/

Thanks everyone - now have a think who you know in your family or friends group (or their kids) who are 15 to 17 who could go on this (they don't have to be Wednesday fans at all) and share this page with them!

Up The Owls!

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop