Micheal Hector?

13 hours ago, Musttryharder said:

Yep. Storey played most of the season  and one of the stand out players but not a mention. Your right, very bizarre.

Probably because he's in contract to a team in the league above who have said they want to keep him. 

Realistically it's unlikely to happen.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

ah yes instead let’s sign loads of young CBs, then we can listen to fans moaning in September how we now need an experienced CB. 

Like you said were in the 3rd tier so I don’t know how anyone could turn there noses up at signing Hector. 

If it puts back in embargo for overspending I think that's a reason to turn noses up at resigning Hector. We need to recruit within our budget and so target up and coming young talent who will have resale value. Hopefully the days of giving 30+ players one last big payday are finished.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

If it puts back in embargo for overspending I think that's a reason to turn noses up at resigning Hector. We need to recruit within our budget and so target up and coming young talent who will have resale value. Hopefully the days of giving 30+ players one last big payday are finished.

That’s the thing though. No one knows what wages Hector will want or will be able to get now his contract is up. 

If his wages are too high then so be it. I agree. 

But if we can get him within our wage structure then I fail to see how it could be anything other than a fantastic signing. 

• Like 6

If he was happy to come here and it's a free transfer it's a no brainer 

Unfortunately can't see it with us been in league 1 

Can see him going back to reading or joining a lower end championship club 

1 hour ago, Luke said:

If he was happy to come here and it's a free transfer it's a no brainer 

Unfortunately can't see it with us been in league 1 

Can see him going back to reading or joining a lower end championship club 

There is no transfer fee, he a free agent. 
   I’m sure the club is doing what they can to get him to the club !! 😉  #uto 

On 23/05/2022 at 21:37, Musttryharder said:

Ive mentioned 1 not loads so dont misquote. Its the likes of you who mention Hector, Cahill, Flint etc.  Also do you think Hector will cost next to nothing in wages. Yeah we moaned last time  but we got an exceptional youngish centre half. and an experienced one who spent most of it on the treatment table. We seem to be record holders of signing the more xperienced player that ends up on the treament table. So what in the last 2 /3 years as Hector done or achieved to warrant a move to Hillsborough. Genuine question.  Go on you might even persude me to actually agreewith you. lol 

Have to disagree about Storey. I liked him but don't think he was exceptional. In fact i thought he was bang average. Hector WAS a terrific player. Not sure that he still is but he's only in his twenties and would be exactly the kind of ball-playing centre half we need to find. I think the brief will be good in the air but comfortable receiving and passing the ball - otherwise we'd have used Iorfa and Dunkley more last season.

• Thanks 1

On 23/05/2022 at 18:11, jonnyowl said:

Would love Hector back.

Imagine a back three of Hector Dean and Iorfa.

Unfortunately I dont think Hector will drop to league one.

Or, better still, a back three of Hector, Dean and Hutchinson... Oh, wait a minute...

16 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Or, better still, a back three of Hector, Dean and Hutchinson... Oh, wait a minute...

Iorfa is a car crash ,hutch our best defender has been released,cheers DM.work to do..

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, davetherivelinowl said:

Have to disagree about Storey. I liked him but don't think he was exceptional. In fact i thought he was bang average. Hector WAS a terrific player. Not sure that he still is but he's only in his twenties and would be exactly the kind of ball-playing centre half we need to find. I think the brief will be good in the air but comfortable receiving and passing the ball - otherwise we'd have used Iorfa and Dunkley more last season.

We hit automatic promotion form after Storey arrived 

Just saying 

• Like 3

Thought bar a couple of games storey was very solid ? Came in did his job helped shore us up and looked far better with proper cb playing there instead of make dos ( funny enough)! Can’t see hector coming here will probably get offers in championship? Can see dean and two younger ones to play either side. Hector tho would be class in this league 

18 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

Just saying 

Fair point but I think ANY half decent centre-back would have improved a back 3 that previously had Palmer, Johnson and Paterson. I still think he was OK but nothing special. A competent defender who was confident on the ball was just what we needed. But we conceded a lot of goals from aerial set-pieces; I'd have preferred someone more commanding in the air.

Guest DoesJackHunt
On 27/05/2022 at 20:52, Mike Hunt said:

Just saying 

I would love Hector and Storey back.

Sounds like it’s unlikely though. 

Would love him but can’t see it happening . Could play central or right of a 3. 

A back 3 or hector Iorfa and a left footed lcb would be fantastic . 

Dawson

Iorfa

Hector

New

Hunt

Byers

Bannan

new (think luongo will go)

Johnson

Gregory

New 

Think that would be a top 2 contender if we get a good striker alongside Gregory . 

palmer , Mendez laing , Adenrian . Brennan with a couple of new lads for competition and rotation for injuries . 

then could the likes of galvin / cadematri/ shipston / push for a place in matchday squad . 

• Like 1