Next seasons away days.

6 hours ago, BridportOwl said:

For years I  just assumed Forest Green were in Essex. No idea why Was surprised when I actually found out where they really are.

You're maybe thinking of Epping Forest.   Forest Green play at the top of a very big hill in a village just outside Stroud, Gloucs. Tidy stadium but tiny. 

If that map is accurate it seems Owls v Barnsley is the closest derby. Followed by Burton v Derby.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oneeyedmilkman said:

Selfishly, I hope we get the Devon teams in bloody awful Saturdays in the year. There's 14 grounds there I haven't done (accy, Fleetwood, Morecambe, shrews, Burton, Barnsley, Cheltenham, forest Green, Exeter, Plymouth, pompey, Cambridge, Oxford, wycombe) and the only 3 anywhere near likely to go general sale are the 2 devons and Portsmouth.

I've only just realised that I'm still missing Portsmouth, I couldn't justify going this season with it being midweek and on Sky, but I did manage to add all the other 5 new grounds for me although it meant going in the home end at Wimbledon and scrounging a spare for Fleetwood after I missed out in the original low allocations. I'm now on 114 different grounds watching SWFC. 

Hopefully Pompey is on a Saturday next season  and the only other new one for me is Forest Green which I'll be struggling to get a ticket for unless it's late in the season and I can build some extra TPP up. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

You're maybe thinking of Epping Forest.   Forest Green play at the top of a very big hill in a village just outside Stroud, Gloucs. Tidy stadium but tiny. 

If that map is accurate it seems Owls v Barnsley is the closest derby. Followed by Burton v Derby.  

I lived in East London for several years, yet I still thought Forest Green was in that neck of the words.

Perhaps you are right about the Epping Forest link. Played at the golf course there once, it is a club rule that you have to wear red when playing (they even have a colour chart of acceptable shades of red). 

O say they 

30 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

No he isn’t"...everybody who thought it was Essex way...are thinking of forest gate in east london

1 minute ago, BridportOwl said:

I 100% was not, I taught at a school in Forest Gate for a year,

So you thought forest green was in essex even tho you taught at a school in forest gate?? Glad u not teaching my kids tbh...what do you teach? Please tell me it’s not geography 🥴

29 minutes ago, The coach said:

So you thought forest green was in essex even tho you taught at a school in forest gate?? Glad u not teaching my kids tbh...what do you teach? Please tell me it’s not geography 🥴

Blimey Bridport -  you walked into that one

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, The coach said:

Forest Gate is in Newham not Essex. 

Essex is a different county, that stretches almost all the way to Ipswich and two thirds of the way to Cambridge. 

Newham is a relatively small borough of London.

I did say at the time that I had no idea why I thought Forest Green was Essex way, but I never said I thought Forest Green was in London.

3 minutes ago, BridportOwl said:

Essex is a different county, that stretches almost all the way to Ipswich and two thirds of the way to Cambridge. 

I did say at the time that I had no idea why I thought Forest Green was Essex way, but I never said I thought Forest Green was in London.

Nottingham innit?

1 minute ago, BridportOwl said:

New ham is a small borough of London? It has a bigger population than Nottingham Derby Leicester etc..stop diggin