A Hero's Send-Off

13 minutes ago, reggae said:

Wanted same money as pato. 

Got told no. 

Nearly caused utter chaos with his mate Westwood. 

I don't think anyone of staff and players will miss him.

Do we have any evidence to support a word of this?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BOOFABI said:

image.png.7a83bb6116bf6f894fe6b9d352a5cf04.png

I'll remember Hutchinson as a soldier and a leader, and will be greatly missed. I hope he stays with Wednesday in one capacity or other and I wouldn't complain if he goes into iFollow commentary.

I think we have a duty to do some positive gesture for Hutchinson at the next event whether he's present or not. I hate to think that he'll be leaving us as the one who made the big mistake, and not as the one who always went above and beyond the call and led the team for years.

Sam Hutchinson, First of his Name, Scourge of Referees, Destroyer of Arsenal, Herald of Play-Off Campaigns, Forger of Bad Nicknames.

Wednesdayites - Rise and be counted

You forgot "best sheep head impersonation" of last summer 👍

5 hours ago, BOOFABI said:

image.png.7a83bb6116bf6f894fe6b9d352a5cf04.png

I'll remember Hutchinson as a soldier and a leader, and will be greatly missed. I hope he stays with Wednesday in one capacity or other and I wouldn't complain if he goes into iFollow commentary.

I think we have a duty to do some positive gesture for Hutchinson at the next event whether he's present or not. I hate to think that he'll be leaving us as the one who made the big mistake, and not as the one who always went above and beyond the call and led the team for years.

Sam Hutchinson, First of his Name, Scourge of Referees, Destroyer of Arsenal, Herald of Play-Off Campaigns, Forger of Bad Nicknames.

Wednesdayites - Rise and be counted

He's not a hero. He served the club with passion and dedication, but it's time for him to move away. He's too slow in the defensive set-up to prevent mistakes that leads to goals for the opposition. Thank you Hutch for your dedication, but time is not on your side.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reggae said:

Nope. 

You could ask him ? 

Or pato?

Or Palmer?

🤷🤷🤷

If you have no evidence for something then it's not true...all I have relevant to this os that Palmer has described Hutchinson as his best friend at the club.

6 hours ago, Kendo Nagasaki said:

He’s been here for 8 seasons, take away the Cyprus escapade and I’ll even give you that 1/2 season after he came back. So 7 seasons including appearances from the bench is less than 30 games a season, not enough for a mainstay of the team. 
it’s not trying to put him down pal, just feel the time is right to move on. Good player but no hero. UTO 

Just putting you right mate. If you’re going to post how many appearances he’s made than it has to be accurate.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, reggae said:

Always. No point in just nodding and clicking the like button. 

Say it as is. 

Always have done 

Yet, sometimes, it is better just to keep your trap shut. This would’ve one of those occasions. 

• Like 3

Would have offered him another 12 months. We now only have Iorfa and Palmer who can play in a back 3. Hutchinson is better and less injury prone than Iorfa and miles better than Palmer.

It’s ok saying we need better etc but it now leaves us needing 4 CBs in one transfer window. 

Are we going to sign 4 that’s better than Hutchinson at this level? 

• Like 1

I'd forgotten about that mistake in the first leg to be honest, I just didn't see it as the actual reason we lost the tie, they were just better than us generally and deserved to go through.

Sam should be remembered as a proper old-school warrior who always played on the edge because he gave a poo. 

And that's why he'll be missed and deserves recognition from the club separately to a 'thanks for your contribution' post on the website.

• Thanks 1

Guest Andy W
12 hours ago, Baytan Blue said:

Time to move on,thanks Hutch,got paid well for doing a good job when fit,no where near the best midfielder or centre half we've had,but always committed,thanks again, keep well and thanks for some great memories and dodgy memories.All the best.

Yep agree...a paid employee thank you and all the best for the future

Same as all other jobs

Definitely a huge amount of people on social media - and I include this site -  trying outdo each other with this fawning over Hutchinson. 

He's been a big character at our club, but hasn't always been a positive influence.  

He's had great games, and he's had games when his recklessness has let us down.

Let's not make more of his time with us than there has been. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Definitely a huge amount of people on social media - and I include this site -  trying outdo each other with this fawning over Hutchinson. 

He's been a big character at our club, but hasn't always been a positive influence.  

I'd have kept him for another year, but some people losing their sh*t because we've decided to move on is very Wednesday.

Like any decision on players, you have to see what's brought in as a replacement(s) before reaching the conclusion whether it was a bad, good or meh decision.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

When did his ‘recklessness’ last let us down? It’s also been said many times that the managers who couldn’t handle him were the really sh ite ones - Jos and Monk. The good man managers had no problems with him - Carlos, Bruce and even Bullen who must have known what the problem was (if there even was one)  brought him and Westwood straight back into the team. 

Edited by BIG D
  • Like 1