A Hero's Send-Off

2 minutes ago, Baytan Blue said:

We are in the third tier and still struggled in some games, lots of injuries in the Championship,not slagging the guy,but if you want success we need better fitter players,the guy was committed but we need better,as said previously ,thanks for everything and a fine fella,  but it's football,time to move onwards and upwards if its success you want. 

100% this UTO 

Hes been a class act, 100% every game, cant fault his effort, over enthusiastic at times, but his will to win was always evident for all to see, he kept going the full 90 miniutes even when he wasnt in great shape, played through the pain.

I can only applaud the guy, terrific effort Hutch, thanks for the memories.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, OwlerIT2 said:

A warrior and always gave 110% and showed a great will to win.

Should have been made captain before it was given to Bannan.

Shocking decision to let go when we are so scarce in defence.

Personally would give him a coaching role to instill his passion and commitment into incomers.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, zorbatheowl said:

Bye the way used to love watching you wrestle back in the day lol

I was too injury prone, should have been replaced earlier 😂.
Dad took me to watch him  in Barnsley think it was Birdwell WMC, he was a hero until my teens. 
Enjoy the summer, I honestly think Moore is getting a lot right. UTO 

2 hours ago, Miffed said:

A testimonial with all of the proceeds going to a mental health charity 

Regardless of how its organised, and by who and for who's benefit. Hutch deserves a testimonial. They are a thing of the past., but in this case its deserved.

I am glad I had the opportunity of applauding him off the field, but that is not how it should have ended for him.

I guess in football it really ends the way you deserve.

46 minutes ago, Kendo Nagasaki said:

The man couldn’t play 2 games a week without a fear of breakdown, he hardly trained and at 32 his career his heading one way. He has been a good committed player but it’s better to stop patching up the wounded and start replacing them. It’s a brave but correct decision. UTO 

He regularly played 2 games a week. From the new year he played 22 games in 16 weeks, missing only 3. In this time he was consistently one of our better performers.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Baytan Blue said:

We are in the third tier and still struggled in some games, lots of injuries in the Championship,not slagging the guy,but if you want success we need better fitter players,the guy was committed but we need better,as said previously ,thanks for everything and a fine fella,  but it's football,time to move onwards and upwards if its success you want. 

I doubt in league 1 we will get better than Sammy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

He regularly played 2 games a week. From the new year he played 22 games in 16 weeks, missing only 3. In this time he was consistently one of our better performers.

24 appearances for the season, 170 something since he signed, put in to context Bannan played almost 100 more with a season less. 
just think it’s time to move on. UTO 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kendo Nagasaki said:

24 appearances for the season, 170 something since he signed, put in to context Bannan played almost 100 more with a season less. 
just think it’s time to move on. UTO 

207 appearances in all competitions including from the bench. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BIG D said:

207 appearances in all competitions including from the bench. 

He’s been here for 8 seasons, take away the Cyprus escapade and I’ll even give you that 1/2 season after he came back. So 7 seasons including appearances from the bench is less than 30 games a season, not enough for a mainstay of the team. 
it’s not trying to put him down pal, just feel the time is right to move on. Good player but no hero. UTO 

2 hours ago, zorbatheowl said:

Paul McGrath i rest my case. One for the oldies here 

Paul McGrath was one of the best centre-halves the English top flight has seen. There’s no comparison between him and Hutch. 

As I said on another thread though, I’m gutted that Hutch has been released. He is a real man. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BOOFABI said:

image.png.7a83bb6116bf6f894fe6b9d352a5cf04.png

I'll remember Hutchinson as a soldier and a leader, and will be greatly missed. I hope he stays with Wednesday in one capacity or other and I wouldn't complain if he goes into iFollow commentary.

I think we have a duty to do some positive gesture for Hutchinson at the next event whether he's present or not. I hate to think that he'll be leaving us as the one who made the big mistake, and not as the one who always went above and beyond the call and led the team for years.

Sam Hutchinson, First of his Name, Scourge of Referees, Destroyer of Arsenal, Herald of Play-Off Campaigns, Forger of Bad Nicknames.

Wednesdayites - Rise and be counted

Wanted same money as pato. 

Got told no. 

Nearly caused utter chaos with his mate Westwood. 

I don't think anyone of staff and players will miss him. 

Bye again Sam. Don't beg to come back again. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, reggae said:

Wanted same money as pato. 

Got told no. 

Nearly caused utter chaos with his mate Westwood. 

I don't think anyone of staff and players will miss him. 

Bye again Sam. Don't beg to come back again. 

Stay classy Reggae. 

• Thanks 2