When you thought football wasn't dying

1 hour ago, Luke said:

20220521_201728.jpg

It is just wrong that anyone can be paid so much money. Then to be regarded as having even more value that they are allowed to, in effect, control the playing side of the club is totally ridiculous.

I think as a species we need to reassess what we place value on. Market forces is not a justification, it is an excuse. We are the market, we are the force. Human beings, not an anonymous entity that is uncontrollable. It starts with us.

Rant over..... for now......

• Like 4
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, the mighty wednesday said:

It is just wrong that anyone can be paid so much money. Then to be regarded as having even more value that they are allowed to, in effect, control the playing side of the club is totally ridiculous.

I think as a species we need to reassess what we place value on. Market forces is not a justification, it is an excuse. We are the market, we are the force. Human beings, not an anonymous entity that is uncontrollable. It starts with us.

Rant over..... for now......

3/10 on the rantometer 

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, The coach said:

So pleased we are in the 3rd division...and will be for a while..well done DC and DM...pwopa football

I’d rather be in the 4th than engage with something like this.

Giving a 23 year old millionaire control over the manager and playing staff. And they wonder why they can’t win the Champions League..

• Like 4

Guest Musttryharder
1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

We all moan about it but deep down we love the spectacle and wish we were part of it. 

Yer what. I want to see a sport called football. But its getting ever difficult to find it. This is just crasse of the highest degree.

Guest Musttryharder
7 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Nah the madness increases more the fans flock to it.

I cant disagree. Be interesting if Sky ever went bust. There wouldnt be a Premier League.