Jump to content

SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, flash said:

Heard from someone we’ve started talks with Jack Tuckers representatives. Early stages though apparently. 

 

Yesssssssssss!

 

The chant possibilities are endless with that one.

 

Anyone know what he's like as a player?

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, flash said:

Heard from someone we’ve started talks with Jack Tuckers representatives. Early stages though apparently. 

Nixon has been on twitter saying how he’s very unlikely to move to Charlton now due to other L1 interest. When quizzed if Wednesday were the team he said possibly but we haven’t fully committed yet. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only other teams I can think would be in for Tucker at this level are Peterborough who have a business model of buy young and like to sell for decent profit a few years on.
 

The other being Portsmouth who I seen had offers rejected for Tucker only last January. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If we are going to use 4-2-3-1, I'd say we 100% need a target man type

Best team in U.K. playing 4-2-3-1 was Pochettino‘s Spurs with Kane, Son, Alli, Erikson up top. Would hardly describe Kane as a target man type. Just a personal opinion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Sham67 said:

If we play 4-2-3-1 with the current squad, we will finish in the bottom 8 and the manager will be gone by Christmas.  We’ll need to offload Bannan and Gregory for a start.

Not sure why we’d need to offload Bannan and Gregory to play 4-2-3-1 ? Best team in U.K. playing 4-2-3-1 was Pochettino‘s Spurs with Kane, Son, Alli, Erikson up top  At that point Kane was an out and out goal scorer. His creative play has developed since. Gregory is an out and out goal scorer. Bannan could comfortably fill the Erikson role in League 1. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

 

 

Between the likes of Joe Crann, Dom Howson & Alex Miller, it's been reported that David Stockdale and Ben Heneghan have agreed personal terms and will be Wednesday players officiallyby start of training next week.  

 

 

Mallik Wilks is also rumoured to be close to signing, who has previously been on holiday with Josh Windass and has liked/commented on a few of his Instagram posts, because that's how football works.  

 

Also keep an eye on who our favourite Club Wildcard, Att Chansiri follows on there, because whoever he seems tro follow seems to come true.  It's like he might have some sort of insider knowledge?

 

We also have a cheeky loan bid in for Elliot Anderson, who is apparently the next Maradona.  

 

I think you are now up to speed, you're welcome.  

Huge thanks, very appreciated 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, 0114 said:

Only other teams I can think would be in for Tucker at this level are Peterborough who have a business model of buy young and like to sell for decent profit a few years on.
 

The other being Portsmouth who I seen had offers rejected for Tucker only last January. 


only if it’s a striker. If it’s a defender they don’t have a clue.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Tucker got good potential and believe is a decent ball player from the back . Would be happy if we got him in 

Me too, Swansea were interested apparently, but have signed two centre halfs yesterday and still linked with Clakre- Slater, and Reading have wirhdrawn from race as well who were linked

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

Me too, Swansea were interested apparently, but have signed two centre halfs yesterday and still linked with Clakre- Slater, and Reading have wirhdrawn from race as well who were linked


Both look to be development players so I imagine Swansea will still be in the hunt. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, gazzatheowl said:


only if it’s a striker. If it’s a defender they don’t have a clue.

They have literally rejected a bid the other day of £4m for 19 year old defender Ronnie Edwards who they picked up from non league Barnet a few years ago. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Be amazed if we sign Tucker. Completely against our broken model of experience only.

 

He’ll go Pompey who’ll sell for a few mill in a year or two. We don’t sign up and coming players.

Edited by lukeyswfc
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, lukeyswfc said:

Be amazed if we sign Tucker. Completely against our broken model of experience only.

 

He’ll go Pompey who’ll sell for a few mill in a year or two. We don’t sign up and coming players.

Unfortunately I tend to agree we don’t sign many young and upcoming. Suppose we did get dele Bashiru and Adenrian last year like 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Unfortunately I tend to agree we don’t sign many young and upcoming. Suppose we did get dele Bashiru and Adenrian last year like 

So along with Byers that’s 3 of this type of player that we don’t sign?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...