SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Would love Smith, agreed. Can’t see it though. Deserves a crack at the Championship and think he’ll go Hull if they’re interested. 

Interesting that Moore is seemingly after a target man AND wide players. Gregory deserves to lead the line next season. If we’re going to be playing 4-2-3-1, do we need another target man type? Gregory and Paterson could both play that role. 

Will be serious competition for places if we land all our targets. 

To answer your question do we need another target man, yes 

we need a pool of strikers a squad that can cope with the demands of a 50 game plus season. With the 5 sub rule I think we need to have at least 20 solid players you would want in your starting 11 because the bench needs to be consistently competitive 

there’s was a period last year when we looked at the bench and it had players like kamberi, Sow etc on it and you just knew they would never change a game they would only be able to give the players starting a rest eventually so you was praying for a 2 goal lead 

if we went with two up top and we had 

Gregory starting with windas

And smith and Malik on the bench you’d feel confident in goals right through to the end of the game 

you wouldn’t be upset to see 

smith then start with Malik on the Tuesday Saturday Tuesday runs  the whole squad becomes quality 

one gets injured in cones Patterson from “20 quality players I mentioned”

I wouldn’t be too upset to see Patterson partner any of the other 4 though he would be my 5th choice 

Signing players like smith who would be solid as a focal point great in the air and an asset defending set pieces would really add value to our squad abs it’s this kind of depth with Malik  that would take it to the next level 

kamberi out smith in 

berahino out Malik in 

BFP out stockdale in 

wing out vaulks in 

dunkley out henegan in 

hutch out ……Cb in 

dean out….. Cb in 

storey out…..full back in 

if luongo and hunt re- sign this is starting to look a very good squad 

if not. They are two big players that need replacing early signs are we are making the right noises 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Would love Smith, agreed. Can’t see it though. Deserves a crack at the Championship and think he’ll go Hull if they’re interested. 

Interesting that Moore is seemingly after a target man AND wide players. Gregory deserves to lead the line next season. If we’re going to be playing 4-2-3-1, do we need another target man type? Gregory and Paterson could both play that role. 

Will be serious competition for places if we land all our targets. 

If we are going to use 4-2-3-1, I'd say we 100% need a target man type.

We don't currently have one.

Neither Gregory nor Paterson are great at winning aerial duels, holding onto the ball, and bringing others into play - they do it on occasion, but not with the consistency that a player like Smith will.

I have no idea what Moore is planning, but I wouldn't be too surprised if we see both a front two with Gregory alongside a target man, as well as a lone target man with the likes of Windass, Bannan and Wilks operating behind them at times next season.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If we are going to use 4-2-3-1, I'd say we 100% need a target man type.

We don't currently have one.

Neither Gregory nor Paterson are great at winning aerial duels, holding onto the ball, and bringing others into play - they do it on occasion, but not with the consistency that a player like Smith will.

I have no idea what Moore is planning, but I wouldn't be too surprised if we see both a front two with Gregory alongside a target man, as well as a lone target man with the likes of Windass, Bannan and Wilks operating behind them at times next season.

If we play 4-2-3-1 with the current squad, we will finish in the bottom 8 and the manager will be gone by Christmas.  We’ll need to offload Bannan and Gregory for a start.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

If we play 4-2-3-1 with the current squad, we will finish in the bottom 8 and the manager will be gone by Christmas.  We’ll need to offload Bannan and Gregory for a start.

If we played any formation with the current squad we would be bottom 8 we need to sign players 

just a counter argument with rumours playing 4231

we could line up like this 

Stockdale 

hunt.           Lorfa.       Henegan.         Johnson

Luongo.        Wilks 

Malik                   Bannan.                  Windass

Smith or Gregory 

I don’t think that’s bottom 8 I also think if we’re playing 442 those two cbs will be different Dean maybe someone else 

It certainly looks strong on paper from the midfield 

personally I think with the 5 sub rule we’re going to see more formation changes in games and moore is setting us up where we can play a number of formations 

my worry Is wing backs/ full backs we need better depth 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Bannan's best role is as a free-roaming attacking midfielder - he'd be ideal in the centre of the '3'.

As I said though - Gregory really doesn't suit being played as a lone striker. If we do use a 4-2-3-1 at any point next season, I imagine it'll be the target man that Moore's clearly after who'd play that role.

6 minutes ago, fpowl said:

If we played any formation with the current squad we would be bottom 8 we need to sign players 

Stockdale 

Luongo.        Wilks 

Smith or Gregory 

I don’t think that’s bottom 8 I also think if we’re playing 442 those two cbs will be different Dean maybe someone else 

personally I think with the 5 sub rule we’re going to see more formation changes in games and moore is setting us up where we can play a number of formations 

You've named Malik Wilks as two separate players, and are playing one of them in an holding midfield role?

• Haha 8

We're not a million miles away. If we think Wilks, Stockdale, Henegan are close. 

Wildsmith, Stockdale 

Hunt, RB, Henegan, CB (Tucker?), Iorfa, Brennan, CB (Gibson/Dean?), LB, Palmer

RM (Sbarra?), Dele-Bashiru, Byers, Adeniran, Bannan, Luongo /Vaulks, Johnson, LM(Anderson?) 

Windass, Wilks, Gregory, CF (Smith?) Cadamateri 

Not a million miles and definitely within reach of a good squad. 

Would also mean moving on a couple but keeping the core of last seasons squad and adding some fresher legs 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Stockdale 

Luongo.        Wilks 

Smith or Gregory 

We get overrun in midfield with a 2 over and over again.  As we saw last season Gregory is impotent playing the lone striker.  At a squeeze we could play Bannan as a 10, if fit Windass is more suited to the role.

I think we’ll line up 4-3-3 to allow our better players to play where they’re best.

Also, no way will we have Luongo and Vaulks at the club.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

Between the likes of Joe Crann, Dom Howson & Alex Miller, it's been reported that David Stockdale and Ben Heneghan have agreed personal terms and will be Wednesday players officiallyby start of training next week.  

Mallik Wilks is also rumoured to be close to signing, who has previously been on holiday with Josh Windass and has liked/commented on a few of his Instagram posts, because that's how football works.  

Also keep an eye on who our favourite Club Wildcard, Att Chansiri follows on there, because whoever he seems tro follow seems to come true.  It's like he might have some sort of insider knowledge?

We also have a cheeky loan bid in for Elliot Anderson, who is apparently the next Maradona.  

I think you are now up to speed, you're welcome.  

Thanks !!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

We get overrun in midfield with a 2 over and over again.  As we saw last season Gregory is impotent playing the lone striker.  At a squeeze we could play Bannan as a 10, if fit Windass is more suited to the role.

I think we’ll line up 4-3-3 to allow our better players to play where they’re best.

Also, no way will we have Luongo and Vaulks at the club.

I think your right I think luongo will leave however if he stays I don’t think that ends our interest in vaulks it just means we’re likely to go in for another midfield 

I also think playing 4231 isn’t playing 2 in the middle you can argue it’s still three we’re just moving our wide players further up the pitch 

I think we will line up like we did last season 3 5 2 or like you say 4 3 3 but I think this squad will be able to change formation and I think the use of 5 subs will see many teams change formation during the game 

we might be looking at a whole new squad game now with 5 subs where we often see formations change from the start of the game to the

if your trailing a game more teams will go more attacking and I’m return will see more teams change defensively 

3 subs limited what could have happened with the players available to you but as if next season you effectively change half of the outfield players giving better options to change formations 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shetland Owl said:

Would like Smith to play with Gregory

Dont think we would play 1 up front, we need to attack

yes I would like us to play 2 out and out strikers. Especially against the lesser teams in the league. Really go for them.