SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

I do rate Smith his record last season tells you everything, but he would be a we have to go up next season type signing for him to be of any value to us. No real long term strategy there for him other than we are banking on him coming and firing us up. I imagine he would want a 2/3 year contract on a decent wedge, which would make him a high earner with us until his mid thirties. Risk/Reward.

• Like 1

I would love us to sign Rudoni from AFC Wimbledon, he is the young talent that could really develop into a top player. A lot like when MK dons picked up Scott Twine last season for next to nothing one season later hes worth quite a few million.

We are not shopping in the million pound market anymore so we need to find young players we can develop and improve. I have never liked getting other teams loan youth because they always leave at the end of the loans.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

I do rate Smith his record last season tells you everything, but he would be a we have to go up next season type signing for him to be of any value to us. No real long term strategy there for him other than we are banking on him coming and firing us up. I imagine he would want a 2/3 year contract on a decent wedge, which would make him a high earner with us until his mid thirties. Risk/Reward.

John Marquis would be the better option free agent and with a full season will bring 15+ goals, he is 30 had a good second half of the season at lincoln and at this level over 230 games averages 1 in 3.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I would love us to sign Rudoni from AFC Wimbledon, he is the young talent that could really develop into a top player. A lot like when MK dons picked up Scott Twine last season for next to nothing one season later hes worth quite a few million.

We are not shopping in the million pound market anymore so we need to find young players we can develop and improve. I have never liked getting other teams loan youth because they always leave at the end of the loans.

He’d cost a bit. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He’d cost a bit. 

They were hoping for a million in january but with relegation and i think he has 12 months left in contract, we put a £400-500k bid in it could probably enough to get him. But i would like this sort of player to be what we are linked with, not the players the wrong side of 30, lets build a young dynamic team not a dads army.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

He's only 30 - a player of his type could play for another five or six years yet.

23 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I like a look of Rudoni, but also think there are better talents around that I would like us to invest our money and playing time into.

Anthony Hartigan is 22 years old with well over 100 first team games under his belt and He is available on free transfer from AFC Wimbledon. He plays in front of back line and although He is lacking in physicality he is intelligent player who is great passer of the ball and puts in excellent set piece deliveries. Perhaps not the one to build first team around, but cheap and dependable squad player for years to come.

Can't stress enough how important it is to bring age of our first team squad down. As things stand we are oldest team in League One and if We get promoted it will be with a far too old squad that will need to be dismantled. It all costs a lot and takes time for players to gel. Even If we are doing our all to get promoted, we are not doing nowhere near enough to get up prepared.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

He’s record last year tells you nothing 

you do know he’s only a scored league double figures 3 times in his career 

last season 19

the season before 10

then you have to go back to 2015 when he was at Swindon in league one where he got 13

over a 12 year professional career what does that tell you?

that said I think smith would be a great signing for us in this division and give us something we really lack 

Wouldn’t be that bothered if we lose out on Smith 

Wilks is the one I think we’ll push hardest for,  and if we have a 3 of Wilks , Windass and Gregory I’d be more than happy 

Obviously we’d like a big target man up there, and I’m sure we’ll recruit one, but Smith might get a bigger offer somewhere else and he’ll definitely be after a pay day at his age and fair play to him 

16 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Wouldn’t be that bothered if we lose out on Smith 

Wilks is the one I think we’ll push hardest for,  and if we have a 3 of Wilks , Windass and Gregory I’d be more than happy 

Obviously we’d like a big target man up there, and I’m sure we’ll recruit one, but Smith might get a bigger offer somewhere else and he’ll definitely be after a pay day at his age and fair play to him 

Wilks, Windass and Gregory sounds good. Hopefully we will get another striker in as all 3 of those have struggled with injuries past season or 2. 

• Like 1

Guest Musttryharder
On 12/06/2022 at 21:42, ozzieowl said:

🤣🤣🤣

he was on 50K a week yet people don’t believe it. 

I'm sure he was. Let el ******** sorry el Toro know as he would be interested in that fact. 

16 hours ago, s29wfc said:

Can anyone simplify what that means, social media isn't my strong point.

is is Wednesday haven't got there house in order yet to make the signing or Wednesday are not ready for this terrible twosome?

Smith would make a top signing. His whole game is built around hard work so I can’t see him coming here for a pay day and not be motivated to do well at the biggest club he’ll have ever played for. 

Forget his goals, he’s an all round top player who has more to his game than just goals. He’s also led to line for Rotherham in 3 promotions from this level and also great for Swindon for 14/15 during their play off campaign at this level. 

He’s also the type of player we don’t have in a target man and one we’ve lacked since Fletcher.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Smith would make a top signing. His whole game is built around hard work so I can’t see him coming here for a pay day and not be motivated to do well at the biggest club he’ll have ever played for. 

Forget his goals, he’s an all round top player who has more to his game than just goals. He’s also led to line for Rotherham in 3 promotions from this level and also great for Swindon for 14/15 during their play off campaign at this level. 

He’s also the type of player we don’t have in a target man and one we’ve lacked since Fletcher.

Would love Smith, agreed. Can’t see it though. Deserves a crack at the Championship and think he’ll go Hull if they’re interested. 

Interesting that Moore is seemingly after a target man AND wide players. Gregory deserves to lead the line next season. If we’re going to be playing 4-2-3-1, do we need another target man type? Gregory and Paterson could both play that role. 

Will be serious competition for places if we land all our targets. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Would love Smith, agreed. Can’t see it though. Deserves a crack at the Championship and think he’ll go Hull if they’re interested. 

Interesting that Moore is seemingly after a target man AND wide players. Gregory deserves to lead the line next season. If we’re going to be playing 4-2-3-1, do we need another target man type? Gregory and Paterson could both play that role. 

Will be serious competition for places if we land all our targets. 

But according to the Hull Daily Mail reporter on twitter he says he’s “not a name  I’ve been aware of”. 

Gregory is a top player but at almost 34 and still missed 10 games last season it would be foolish of Moore to not find some competition for him. Not sure I like Gregory as a loan striker, brilliant with his back to goal and on the turn but I’m not sure he’s aerially dominant like Smith. Same for Paterson, for a big lad I’ve never thought his general striker play is very good, although he does seem to finish chances. 

I’d like the lad Ihiekwe from Rotherham myself.