SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

1 hour ago, 0742 said:

I'll make this my last post, in which i'll first address your point on getting to know who i'm talking to. if you wish to send over your CV via dm, feel free to do so, but to posture up in such a way as 'you don't know who you're talking to' is juvenile and a clear sign of you knowing your argument is weak, appeals to authority, no matter how thinly veiled are always a poor address. 

All of your points are based around how you chose to perceive 'effort' in the case of NML, did you have your speed gun at the match to track the speed of each of his runs, or are you more up to date and have his Catapult GPS data?!

I don't need to go back and forth with you about NML's effort, because you're either choosing to ignore the basics or you just don't get the game. I am sure Shankly would have advocated playing players in the position the teams needs them the most. 

With that in mind your whole argument and laying the blame at NML apparently (in your eyes only) choosing to not track back is dead and buried by the simple fact that the team would have benefited far more with Palmer at RCB rather than at LCB.

If you genuinely cannot see that having Storey as RCB with NML at RWB in front of him on one side, with Palmer at LCB and Johnson at LWB created a massively imbalanced defensive unit, then unfortunately i'll double down on my point that putting NML and expecting him to track back effectively is stupid. 

You can try and reduce our lack of promotion to NML not tracking back all you want, but the fact is by doing the above, tactically we left gaps to be exposed against a quality left sided player, who took advantage of the situation under instruction from a tactically smart manager. 

Also FYI, i have a much deeper understanding of this due to my CV/experience/education/background etc. 

As previous very, very silly

34 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

Storey was to blame as he can’t defend on the outside. It actually happened about 4 times but people forget this because he won a few headers and tackles. Very average player.

Palmer didn’t cover himself in glory either though.

Wouldn’t say he’s average he has lots of qualities to his game but I agree on the outside needs work. This was actually why I prefer him playing centrally in a back 3 less chance he’ll be in those vulnerable positions. I’d love us to sign him permanently but it’s all about opinions.

Ive never been a palmer fan but this season has been the best he’s had for us, ironically playing CB. But he is always gonna have the moments where he switches off either in defence position ally or the need to get back.

Im hoping however we sign 3 CBs this pre season coz Iorfa isn’t great at defending either. 

56 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

True, but in fairness, from my tracking this summer and last summer, they have first reported 6 links with one completed transfer. By context, this is a better record than Dom, who has had one correct transfer from 8 links. Nixon has the best record at 100% (2 from 2). And the Star also has a good record of 7 correct transfers from 14 links.Screenshot_20220602-081728-410.png.55db24ee7c7a738649dcad0ab9c82a49.pngScreenshot_20220603-115244-035.png.7ee36edfbfe5fd5924e22b4e2c469864.png

From the list of who were linked with so far I wouldn’t be dissatisfied if none of them signed !!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

Bang on, I was so f**king angry with NML when that happened.

For goodness sake, please don’t let @0742.hear you say that or he’ll troll you. Apparently I’m the only one that thought NML didn’t track back and anyway you can’t tell without a speed gun (AN ACTUAL SPEED GUN FFS !!!! ) and even if he did track back, it’s “stupid” to expect him to. If that’s not enough, then without any idea of our background, education, training or work history, @0742can CATEGORICALLY STATE that he is better qualified than you or me to comment on football.  He’s making himself look very, very silly indeed. 
Therefore I’d advise not to get involved in the great NML debate unless you want to be trolled by an expert. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Kelfin Platz said:

You're correct of course as far as Mendez Laing goes. Not sure how anyone could argue with you, he went through the motions and tried to make it appear he was tracking back, where he should have been busting a gut, he wasn't. Whether he'd have prevented a goal or not is another thing, but he was found lacking in effort when we needed it. Anyone can dress this up as they like, all it does is let's him off the hook and sells the club short. 

I make you right but be careful, there are greater powers at work 🥷🏻

22 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

FFS! It’s some kid sat in his bedroom wan***g between writing blogs and finishing another season on Football Manager.

I've been rumbled

lol

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Kelfin Platz said:

You're correct of course as far as Mendez Laing goes. Not sure how anyone could argue with you, he went through the motions and tried to make it appear he was tracking back, where he should have been busting a gut, he wasn't. Whether he'd have prevented a goal or not is another thing, but he was found lacking in effort when we needed it. Anyone can dress this up as they like, all it does is let's him off the hook and sells the club short. 

I've seen Palmer do the same thing on several occasions when he was the RB!

Edited by onlyonedavidhirst
Posted without finishing typing
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, akbuk said:

I think we will use a 4-3-3  this next season which will accommodate NLM 

We tried 4-3-3 start last season and with players moore signed, only when we went to 3-5-2 did we look like and Start scoring goals ( with proper defenders in ) id stick with that system and try to be able to tweak and change which moore struggled to do in certain games when 3-5-2 isn’t working, but think that system will be too strong for most teams in our league 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

We tried 4-3-3 start last season and with players moore signed, only when we went to 3-5-2 did we look like and Start scoring goals ( with proper defenders in ) id stick with that system and try to be able to tweak and change which moore struggled to do in certain games when 3-5-2 isn’t working, but think that system will be too strong for most teams in our league 

Agree. 

We never got 4-3-3 right. Always turned out to be a 4-5-1 and we created very little.

Usually I'm not bothered what system we play but I want to watch attacking football.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

You'd think 3-5-2 would be the starting formation at the start of next season, wouldn't you? The players are used to it and should be able to get off to a good start simply by continuing what they were doing from November of last season onwards.

But I also think Moore wants a bit more flexibility than we had last season, and having watched Sunderland adapt and change their approach depending on the opposition in recent months, it might not be the worst thing.

I suspect we might see a 4-2-3-1 or a 3-4-2-1 at times next season, but key to each of these is a forward capable of playing up top on their own, which is something we lacked last season. The kind of target-man we've been linked with so far in Smith and Stockley could fit the bill, though...

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

You'd think 3-5-2 would be the starting formation at the start of next season, wouldn't you? The players are used to it and should be able to get off to a good start simply by continuing what they were doing from November of last season onwards.

But I also think Moore wants a bit more flexibility than we had last season, and having watched Sunderland adapt and change their approach depending on the opposition in recent months, it might not be the worst thing.

I suspect we might see a 4-2-3-1 or a 3-4-2-1 at times next season, but key to each of these is a forward capable of playing up top on their own, which is something we lacked last season. The kind of target-man we've been linked with so far in Smith and Stockley could fit the bill, though...

Good points. 

352 not my favourite but appears to be our most effective system.

I suspect we will recruit to that formation, but with an eye on plan B, including some of the options you suggest and fully agree with the target man comments.

For the first time in ages, we have the opportunity to evolve, don't think we should rip up the playbook and start from scratch, but add to it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Oh no, now you’ve done it. @0742will be trolling you and he knows way, way more about football than you do. 

Wow i login and have 3 notifications, all from you. I've definitely got under your skin!

For someone who clearly can't read very well, you don't half type a lot. Nobody said NML didn't track back, you just have an agenda against the fella and want to label him as a druggie and lazy because he didn't track back. If only life was as simple as you. coming on here spouting off about your 'education' absolute golden! 

Calm down and have a suck on another werthers 

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, striker said:

Good points. 

I suspect we will recruit to that formation, but with an eye on plan B, including some of the options you suggest and fully agree with the target man comments.

For the first time in ages, we have the opportunity to evolve, don't think we should rip up the playbook and start from scratch, but add to it. 

We have to go 352 

We need 3 centre backs

1 Forward like Smith 

and a central midfielder 

That’s 5 players and we could pick up where we left off last season 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Wow i login and have 3 notifications, all from you. I've definitely got under your skin!

For someone who clearly can't read very well, you don't half type a lot. Nobody said NML didn't track back, you just have an agenda against the fella and want to label him as a druggie and lazy because he didn't track back. If only life was as simple as you. coming on here spouting off about your 'education' absolute golden! 

Calm down and have a suck on another werthers 

lol

And sometimes you have to accept it was a great ball into our soft spot and a great piece of skill and delivery

Just like our goal on the evening

I haven’t watched it back but on the night as soon as that ball was played foreword I thought we were in trouble 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, striker said:

Good points. 

Precisely.

We have a system that's largely worked for the past seven months. There's no need to rip it up and start again, but we should always be looking for those marginal gains which could make all the difference over the course of a long, hard season.

Having the ability to transition to another system for certain games, or for certain parts of games, would be a real feather in our cap. Wigan did it last season, as did Sunderland, and even Rotherham to a lesser extent. 

• Like 1