SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

15 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Really feel we need a player like Cadden, someone that can put quality balls in to the box for people like Smith and Gregory 

Agree, lacks pace but ticks a lot of boxes. 

Wonder whether we were actually in for him? Perhaps more concerned that we're not even being linked to anyone now. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Agree, lacks pace but ticks a lot of boxes. 

Wonder whether we were actually in for him? Perhaps more concerned that we're not even being linked to anyone now. 

Neymarv is the best left sided player in this league

• Like 3

I like the idea of signing Cadden but it doesn’t fit in with the type of business Wednesday are doing.

It’s pretty apparent we are after proven L1 players, which every single signing that’s come through the door seems to be.

We’ve also spent weeks trying to get Mallik Wilks done who has 2 impressive seasons at this level. So can’t see us paying out a fee for a LWB that’s not guaranteed a start. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 0114 said:

I like the idea of signing Cadden but it doesn’t fit in with the type of business Wednesday are doing.

It’s pretty apparent we are after proven L1 players, which every single signing that’s come through the door seems to be.

We’ve also spent weeks trying to get Mallik Wilks done who has 2 impressive seasons at this level. So can’t see us paying out a fee for a LWB that’s not guaranteed a start. 

Free agent ain’t he? 

12 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Maybe, but he'll be first or second choice at Derby whilst he would possibly have been third choice here.

Step in the right direction 🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, striker said:

They've had him in for 24 hrs and now gone and signed another GK, on loan too so that suggests Brighton will expect him to play. 

Poor Joe, new club different bench. 

I mean they can’t go into the season with only 1 goalkeeper they was bound to sign at least another one 

England U19’s won the European Championship the other night with a few lads in the side that had been playing on loan in L1. A few to keep an eye on who I think could end up in L1 again.

Brook Norton Cuffy - Arsenal - 18 - RWB

Earned rave reviews for his performance against Wednesday while on loan at Lincoln scoring his first ever goal against us. He played 17 times on loan there during the 2nd half of the season. Maybe not ready for a jump up to the Championship and most likely ready for a full season in L1. 

Aaron Ramsey - Aston Villa - 19 - AM/CM

Not the Welsh one you instantly thought of. Very highly rated at Villa and even scored the 3rd in England’s 3-1 final win against Israel the other night. Been on loan at Cheltenham last season playing 14 & scoring 1. He’s also the younger brother of PL wonderkid Jacob Ramsey who funnily enough was on loan at Doncaster under Moore. 

Callum Doyle - Manchester City - 18 - CB

Probably the most likely player I could see Wednesday chasing. Played 36 times for Sunderland last season but seemed to fall out of favour a little under Alex Neil who preferred the experience of Batth & Wright. Doyle being more comfortable on his left foot can also operate at LB like he did for England U19’s this summer but seems ideal at LCB. Another who scored his first professional goal against Wednesday back in the 5-0 win in December.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 0114 said:

England U19’s won the European Championship the other night with a few lads in the side that had been playing on loan in L1. A few to keep an eye on who I think could end up in L1 again.

Brook Norton Cuffy - Arsenal - 18 - RWB

Earned rave reviews for his performance against Wednesday while on loan at Lincoln scoring his first ever goal against us. He played 17 times on loan there during the 2nd half of the season. Maybe not ready for a jump up to the Championship and most likely ready for a full season in L1. 

Aaron Ramsey - Aston Villa - 19 - AM/CM

Not the Welsh one you instantly thought of. Very highly rated at Villa and even scored the 3rd in England’s 3-1 final win against Israel the other night. Been on loan at Cheltenham last season playing 14 & scoring 1. He’s also the younger brother of PL wonderkid Jacob Ramsey who funnily enough was on loan at Doncaster under Moore. 

Callum Doyle - Manchester City - 18 - CB

Probably the most likely player I could see Wednesday chasing. Played 36 times for Sunderland last season but seemed to fall out of favour a little under Alex Neil who preferred the experience of Batth & Wright. Doyle being more comfortable on his left foot can also operate at LB like he did for England U19’s this summer but seems ideal at LCB. Another who scored his first professional goal against Wednesday back in the 5-0 win in December.

Hasn't Doyle gone to them (blunts)