Jump to content

SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan


Recommended Posts

Ok so if the leaving loan players Dean and Gibson I’d try and get back and I honestly think John-Jules will be back next year.

 

Im not overly impressed with anyone we have been linked with yet.

 

Would anyone take Corbeanau back ? I would if played more advanced. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Elliot Simms from Everton would be a good choice if we are wanting pace and power up front.

 

Been on loan at Hearts this season, and was at Blackpool previously. 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, g-owls said:

Elliot Simms from Everton would be a good choice if we are wanting pace and power up front.

 

Been on loan at Hearts this season, and was at Blackpool previously. 

 

No chance he would go to a league one team.

 

I think If Everton do loan him out again, it will be to a championship club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:


Nice work! Tucker and O’Connor both look decent ages. Not sure on ability but played regularly for their clubs. The type of profile we should be after. 
 

Think we were linked with Boyle last summer? Seems like he spent most of the season out injured. 
 

Liked the look of Camara when I watched him play. Probably go to the league above. Don’t know anything about Wiredu.

Gillingham have turned down some decent offers for Tucker. He’s only 22 and played over a 100 games, I’d like him myself. 
 

We have been linked with Boyle a few times yes. Seems he scores quite a few goals. 
 

Agree on Camara, he would be a great signing. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We don’t have an unfashionable target man for the ugly games. So can see why Oliver is linked. Would be a good fit albeit not a guaranteed starter and more a Kamberi replacement. It also gives us a physical back up if Gregory is injured.

 

I suspect we will be looking at the premier league and championship top six for young loan players as that seems to be DMs niche. That makes it difficult to guess. Nonetheless we need to adapt to our habitat to get points away from home and that means getting some of the better players at this level with a bit of experience 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m getting a bit obsessed with who we might be able to get on loan. We have plenty of experienced players IMO and could do with some pace and enthusiasm in the squad. 
 

There must be loads of young players in the top two leagues who would come to L1 to get some game time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like who we’re getting linked with. Proven league 1 players in average sides looks a good idea. Tucker and Boyle have both played a lot of games in this league or league 2, both stand out defenders for their teams last season so you’d think a step up to a promotion chasing side would be tempting for both the player and us. Same with Camara, we have a better squad than Plymouth so he’d be a good addition. Looks like he’s looking to recruit more youth and mobility this summer 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Gillingham have turned down some decent offers for Tucker. He’s only 22 and played over a 100 games, I’d like him myself. 
 

We have been linked with Boyle a few times yes. Seems he scores quite a few goals. 
 

Agree on Camara, he would be a great signing. 

 


Tucker is a great shout,  we’ve got to go with younger players 

 

Far too much short termism from the fans, there be people buzzing if we fetched Westwood , Hooper and Fletcher back in and it’s the wrong direction to go in 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Id be delighted if we could get hold of Joe Ralls or Will Vaulks,     And it wouldn’t surprise me if DM fancied bringing Vadaine Oliver in to replace Kamberi , he’s an aerial threat up front we definitely don’t have in the squad at present 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Id be delighted if we could get hold of Joe Ralls or Will Vaulks,     And it wouldn’t surprise me if DM fancied bringing Vadaine Oliver in to replace Kamberi , he’s an aerial threat up front we definitely don’t have in the squad at present 

Or we could get John Marquis leaving Lincoln 233 league games in league 1, 76 goals, 25 assists, 29 years old, 6ft 2. Soon to be free agent.

 

and and used to play for Donny its a DM type signing, he apparent a good personality in the teams hes been in.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Or we could get John Marquis leaving Lincoln 233 league games in league 1, 76 goals, 25 assists, 29 years old, 6ft 2. Soon to be free agent.

 

and and used to play for Donny its a DM type signing, he apparent a good personality in the teams hes been in.


Yeh,  I’d agree a very DM signing ,  I think you would have to be daft to say either Marquis or Oliver wouldn’t be a huge upgrade on likes of Kamberi and Sow 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Or we could get John Marquis leaving Lincoln 233 league games in league 1, 76 goals, 25 assists, 29 years old, 6ft 2. Soon to be free agent.

 

and and used to play for Donny its a DM type signing, he apparent a good personality in the teams hes been in.

Oliver leaves me a bit underwhelmed, but Marquis has a decent record behind him. A sensible type of signing, rather than exciting. 

 

Not had the greatest time last season, but was on fire at Donny under Moore. Don't expect he would be an expensive signing and provides options. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...