Jump to content

SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan


Recommended Posts

Still in negotiating for Mallik Wilks according to Dom.
 

Not surprised, clearly a top target for Wednesday. 

 

You’ll struggle to get a player that in L1 has 33 goals, 16 assists in 90 league apps like he has in 2 full L1 seasons. £200,000 did seem stupidly cheap for a player of that quality. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Clearly Wildsmith wanted more game time. NML might also have thought the same, but if the stories about Championship interest were true it is a bit surprising.

Can only assume it's down to cash or more likely length of contract.

And doesn't want to be a wingback ..................ooohh al that hard work......................nah

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, torryowl said:

baker was much  later than smith, evidently it goes on who's  our  manager if chelsea decide who we  can have or not .......while i can understand that the loaning club can call back a player  if he isnt playing  i cant believe that as been suggested  in earlier posts that they can demand that the player plays .

Baker was do to off the field issues, which had a seperate bearing on things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Still in negotiating for Mallik Wilks according to Dom.
 

Not surprised, clearly a top target for Wednesday. 

 

You’ll struggle to get a player that in L1 has 33 goals, 16 assists in 90 league apps like he has in 2 full L1 seasons. £200,000 did seem stupidly cheap for a player of that quality. 

Thought exactly the same.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Charlton Athletic are confident of completing a loan move for Fulham full back Steven Sessegnon, according to Rich Cawley of the South London Press.

The Addicks see the former England under-21 international as a strong option as they seek to earn promotion from League One under new boss Ben Garner. Sessegnon ended last season on loan at Plymouth, whose own push for promotion ended in final day heartbreak, making ten appearances for Argyle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Under 23’s addition…….

 

 

Good luck to the lad.

 

I don't mean to be obtuse and do believe in youth development, but the likelihood is that his future will be elsewhere. We seem to sign a lot of u23 players, for the sake of filling an u23 team, but rarely do any make it to the first team.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Charlton Athletic are confident of completing a loan move for Fulham full back Steven Sessegnon, according to Rich Cawley of the South London Press.

The Addicks see the former England under-21 international as a strong option as they seek to earn promotion from League One under new boss Ben Garner. Sessegnon ended last season on loan at Plymouth, whose own push for promotion ended in final day heartbreak, making ten appearances for Argyle.

I thought they had released him, but looks like he recently resigned according to the article. I always find it strange when players could drop down the leagues to rebuild their career, stay at other teams that have no intention of playing them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, striker said:

Good luck to the lad.

 

I don't mean to be obtuse and do believe in youth development, but the likelihood is that his future will be elsewhere. We seem to sign a lot of u23 players, for the sake of filling an u23 team, but rarely do any make it to the first team.

 

U-23 football is a vehicle that serves to help one or two usually under 18 players to adapt quicker to first team football by playing with and against bit older lads. To think that We signed 21 years old to develop by playing development football would be naive to say the least.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, malek said:

 

U-23 football is a vehicle that serves to help one or two usually under 18 players to adapt quicker to first team football by playing with and against bit older lads. To think that We signed 21 years old to develop by playing development football would be naive to say the least.

Is he any good?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mick70 said:

Is he any good?

 

I've seen him play in his only Wednesday appearance. He did well and scored beautiful goal, but thing is that He is 21 and You don't bring in players of that age to develop playing U-23 football. Don't be mistaken he is here to make numbers and help talents like Bailey Cadamarteri not to lose every week.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Derby County have agreed to sign Brighton goalkeeper Carl Rushworth, Football Insider understands.

The 21-year-old is highly-regarded at the Premier League club and they feel he would be best served going out on loan to continue his development.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Derby County have agreed to sign Brighton goalkeeper Carl Rushworth, Football Insider understands.

The 21-year-old is highly-regarded at the Premier League club and they feel he would be best served going out on loan to continue his development.

That's wildsmith down the pecking order

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Derby County have agreed to sign Brighton goalkeeper Carl Rushworth, Football Insider understands.

The 21-year-old is highly-regarded at the Premier League club and they feel he would be best served going out on loan to continue his development.

Seems Portsmouth were also keen on Rushworth as a replacement for Bazunu. Played pretty much every game for Walsall last season, so you’d imagine he’s going to Derby to play! Blow for Wildsmith then. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...