SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

10 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

We had a problem with Chelsea a few years ago, we loaned Jimmy Smith but didn't play him, when we tried to loan off them again, they refused

how come we got hutch , hector and brown on loan ?

• Like 1

Just now, El Toro said:

Wasn’t it around the time we had Lewis Baker and hardly played him that they started to get a bit funny?

baker was much  later than smith, evidently it goes on who's  our  manager if chelsea decide who we  can have or not .......while i can understand that the loaning club can call back a player  if he isnt playing  i cant believe that as been suggested  in earlier posts that they can demand that the player plays .

13 minutes ago, torryowl said:

baker was much  later than smith, evidently it goes on who's  our  manager if chelsea decide who we  can have or not .......while i can understand that the loaning club can call back a player  if he isnt playing  i cant believe that as been suggested  in earlier posts that they can demand that the player plays .

All in the contract that is agreed before? Some clubs demand they play a certain amount of game time? If the loaning club doesn’t adhere to it they can get penalised ( money ) for not doing as was agreed? Different clubs have different rules for different players esp premier league clubs 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I know Baker was much later than Smith. I remember reading at the time and later that loaning clubs like Chelsea were reluctant after the Baker loan, that’s all

Just now, El Toro said:

I know Baker was much later than Smith. I remember reading at the time and later that loaning clubs like Chelsea were reluctant after the Baker loan, that’s all

well they couldnt have been that reluctant seen as they loaned  us hector and brown ......i'm not having a dig at you coz youve not said it  but its bonkers to say chelsea wont deal with us on loan deals because of jimmy smith or who our manager is . .

Just now, Mick70 said:

All in the contract that is agreed before? Some clubs demand they play a certain amount of game time? If the loaning club doesn’t adhere to it they can get penalised ( money ) for not doing as was agreed? Different clubs have different rules for different players esp premier league clubs 

i'll have to bow to your knowledge on this coz ive never seen the contracts but any manager who'll let another club decide who plays in his team is a manager i would'nt  want at hillsboro ......

• Like 1

7 hours ago, torryowl said:

i'll have to bow to your knowledge on this coz ive never seen the contracts but any manager who'll let another club decide who plays in his team is a manager i would'nt  want at hillsboro ......

My mate used to work at Hillsboro now works up the m1 at a certain bigger club than anybody else 😆 says loan contracts can have all sorts written into them, depending on club and players? Yes I’m with you as in I’d want to pick team but that’s how it goes esp prem clubs and  a certain club in Liverpool renown for it

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, torryowl said:

This blow your mind sometimes it’s not the managers choice too 

sometimes players are signed or terms agreed without the managers input 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Barry Bannan: 271 Championship appearances, 13 goals and 44 assists 

Conor Hourihane: 171 Championship appearances, 31 goals and 35 assists. 31 Premier League appearances, 4 goals and 6 assists

He's deceived an awful lot of defences hasn't he?

Amazed at those stats TBF........................cus like I say , whenever I see him play he always fails to impress.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Barry Bannan: 271 Championship appearances, 13 goals and 44 assists 

Conor Hourihane: 171 Championship appearances, 31 goals and 35 assists. 31 Premier League appearances, 4 goals and 6 assists

He's deceived an awful lot of defences hasn't he?

Not to mention his record in league one

87 appearances, 23 goals, 26 assists over a 46 game season thats 12 goals, 14 assists.

i hear hes currently a free agent too.

1 hour ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Amazed at those stats TBF........................cus like I say , whenever I see him play he always fails to impress.

Maybe just one of those players that looks relatively average but actually quite productive on the ball?

If you'll excuse the slightly clunky comparisons, think Harris and Reach. Kadeem Harris after 6 games you think you've got a world beater, it's only after 16 games you realise he's all shirt and no trousers. Equally Reach... I think we all know his cons, but regardless hate of what you think of him, you have to concede that that season with Luhukay and Pulis as manager he had an absolute blinder. Not once did I think he looked any more than bang average though.

Maybe just one of those that never stands out over 90 minutes but over the course of a season shows his quality.

Anyway, all this is a roundabout way of me saying I hope he isn't in League One next season

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

We made a mistake when we signed Winnall and didn’t go back for Hourihane. We’d have probably gone up if we had done that instead of spunking the money on Rhodes.

think we tried to be fair, Barnsley wouldn’t have it though plus Villa came calling. 

12 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

We made a mistake when we signed Winnall and didn’t go back for Hourihane. We’d have probably gone up if we had done that instead of spunking the money on Rhodes.

Should have gone for Hourihane first, then for Winnall as we had no real need for a striker 

• Like 7

Still in negotiating for Mallik Wilks according to Dom.

Not surprised, clearly a top target for Wednesday. 

You’ll struggle to get a player that in L1 has 33 goals, 16 assists in 90 league apps like he has in 2 full L1 seasons. £200,000 did seem stupidly cheap for a player of that quality. 

• Like 1