SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

8 minutes ago, fpowl said:

You might be right 

but I know loans can have clauses and penalties in them if the parent club expects them to be played, played in a certain way or played in a certain position and club loaning then player doesn’t do that.

end of day if a club wants to borrow a player sometimes they are loaning them to carrying on the players development and the club sending them out on loan puts clear instructions in what they want and expect for the player or the deal 

it’s why loans are never simple, then there’s fees, bonuses, penalties etc…. Each loan is different obviously and have different motives but it happens 

Yes I could well see penalty/'incentive' clauses being inserted.

1 hour ago, Dunkstar said:

Fair point, but plenty say the same about us. Let's be honest, Vaulks, Smith and Ihekwe haven't really joined us just cos we're a massive club have they?

True but our financial mess you could say is purely internal. We've paid our debts to the league, HMRC etc. Derby on the other hand have been stringing everyone along for the past year. Would be a total slap in the face to everyone they've screwed if they start offering massive wages before setting all their debts.

13 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Two of our players rejected our contract offer to go to Derby 😭. I'm still trying to get to terms with this.

It’s not wages but we only offered 1 year where Derby have given minimum 2

2 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Didn’t drill that far down. Just think it’s a poor comparison as they are different types of players, and Bannan isn’t part if the transfer thread. 

And don't forget Bazza Zidane has his own  fantastic song,so that counts as +35 goals and at least 15 more assists......in any league.....

UTO.....

1 hour ago, NOT jack whitham said:

Would love an update from Owl66 on the Brazilian deal.

He said before the first game of the season 

your over a month premature, sit tight and enjoy the summer 

1 hour ago, GermanBird said:

Two of our players rejected our contract offer to go to Derby 😭. I'm still trying to get to terms with this.

Clearly Wildsmith wanted more game time. NML might also have thought the same, but if the stories about Championship interest were true it is a bit surprising.

Can only assume it's down to cash or more likely length of contract.