SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

5 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I still think with a few decent free agent signings they will do well this season. They have some good youngsters that have Championship experience. Bird, Cashin, Thompson and Knight.

Liam Rosenior who was no.2 to Rooney has been given the job as interim manager. But I see him doing the job for the season.

Rosenior was purportedly the brains behind the Rooney operation...though we are talking about Wayne Rooney here, so being the brains behind that isn't saying much. 

• Haha 2

Championship is a very different division to league one. There won’t be many in Derby’s squad with league one experience. We had to learn last year. Derby will have to do the same. Every home game for them will be a cup final for the opposition and they’ll have to do it away at old school stadiums where the crowd is on top of them baying for a slice of the big boys who come into town. Easy to sign a group of players but the harder challenge is putting together a team with all the right attributes for a sustained promotion push. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

If he does drop down to Derby then its purely for the money there throwing at him. EFL need to grow a pair with Derby, their financially in the toilet and shouldn't be in a position to buy their way out of the division.   

Fair point, but plenty say the same about us. Let's be honest, Vaulks, Smith and Ihekwe haven't really joined us just cos we're a massive club have they?

Guest Willow Owl
54 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Barry Bannan: 271 Championship appearances, 13 goals and 44 assists 

Conor Hourihane: 171 Championship appearances, 31 goals and 35 assists. 31 Premier League appearances, 4 goals and 6 assists

He's deceived an awful lot of defences hasn't he?

You forgot Bannan’s premier league appearances,
Nearly a hundred if I’m not mistaken.

Stats can be deceiving

Guest Willow Owl
7 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Stats can be deceiving

Sorry 86 in premier League

13 hours ago, torryowl said:

i dont see that ,how can our manager dictate to swindon who plays in there team ......your saying if brennan is crap for them the manager as to keep playing him and i cant believe any manager would sign a player on those terms .

It’s common that a team can stipulate the player plays, otherwise the team can recall them 

that’s just a thing 

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, OneManBand said:

Did you forget the goals and assists or aren't there any.

Didn’t drill that far down. Just think it’s a poor comparison as they are different types of players, and Bannan isn’t part if the transfer thread. 

14 hours ago, El Toro said:

Thats a very specific rundown on this kid. You ITK again?

Have a mate who’s son works at McDonald’s, said S6 transfers worked their for a week before getting sacked because he couldn’t fill the mop bucket up and had to be saved because he tried to wash his hands in the fryers 

anyway on dismissal his mum came and picked him up and to cheer him up she had bought him some new marvel bedding 

I think that’s plausible don’t you? 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Stats can be deceiving

I'm not trying to say one is better than the other. I'm making the point that, for a player who allegedly flatters to deceive, he has done well at the two highest levels of the game and is comparable in that regard to Bannan. Nothing more. 

8 minutes ago, fpowl said:

It’s common that a team can stipulate the player plays, otherwise the team can recall them 

that’s just a thing 

Dont they have to wait until the January window before they can recall now though? Like Wolves had to wait until the window to recall Corbeanu

On 02/07/2022 at 10:13, malek said:

It certainly aint easy to spot cheap young players with loads of potential and it is almost as hard to develop them while getting results and achieving se targets.

Then again rewards can be huge. There are clubs that got one or two of these right and it completely changed their trajectory.

Talking about this yesterday at the game. What’s it cost to run an academy

Coaches 

contracts 

Transport 

education

kits

facilities

food and beverage

etc……

and how much have we actually generated out of it over the last 10-15 years

would it not be more cost effective to spend that get directly on young talent that maybe first team ready

for example I hear the lad from Swansea is 600k would our accademy deliver us someone that can offer us that kind of player for less this year?

Not all of the transfers will work but it will keep us with high potential players pushing for first team football 

maybe keep the under 23s but have it full of top talent 

I always look at it. As a department and think it must surely lose millions each year and there’s got to be a better approach to improve the first team or finances 

2 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Dont they have to wait until the January window before they can recall now though? Like Wolves had to wait until the window to recall Corbeanu

No I don’t think so 

they have to wait until January to loan them back out but I’m sure recalls can be made at anytime even if they can’t play for they parent club they can train with them 

5 minutes ago, fpowl said:

No I don’t think so 

they have to wait until January to loan them back out but I’m sure recalls can be made at anytime even if they can’t play for they parent club they can train with them 

Depends on wots wrote into the contract of that particular deal 

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

No I don’t think so 

I'm not so sure. Sure I've read somewhere that it's restricted i.e. loanee club has to agree? In any event things would have to very bad to recall a player just to train thereby totally barrng any chance of game time until the window. Not sure I can think of any recalls outside the window in recent years since the short term loans were stopped.

13 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Talking about this yesterday at the game. What’s it cost to run an academy

Coaches 

contracts 

Transport 

education

kits

facilities

food and beverage

etc……

and how much have we actually generated out of it over the last 10-15 years

would it not be more cost effective to spend that get directly on young talent that maybe first team ready

for example I hear the lad from Swansea is 600k would our accademy deliver us someone that can offer us that kind of player for less this year?

Not all of the transfers will work but it will keep us with high potential players pushing for first team football 

maybe keep the under 23s but have it full of top talent 

I always look at it. As a department and think it must surely lose millions each year and there’s got to be a better approach to improve the first team or finances 

I think a decision on how we go about youth development in the long term is not far away.

As more and more clubs turn into Cat 1 academies, our fixture schedule becomes more and more sparse.

We ultimately have to make a decision to go Cat 1 or maybe disband the academy and go down the routes one or two have already suggested.

Either way I think Moore will drive this decision as I’ve always said I believe his appointment was with a view to altering our entire approach as a club over the longer term.

14 minutes ago, fpowl said:

No I don’t think so 

Just found this:

'Recall clauses for a loan’s early termination can only take place in a full season loan and can only be activated during the winter transfer window.'

Caveat; I've not read the full official league regs. Just this excerpt.

5 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

I'm not so sure. Sure I've read somewhere that it's restricted i.e. loanee club has to agree? In any event things would have to very bad to recall a player just to train thereby totally barrng any chance of game time until the window. Not sure I can think of any recalls outside the window in recent years since the short term loans were stopped.

You might be right 

but I know loans can have clauses and penalties in them if the parent club expects them to be played, played in a certain way or played in a certain position and club loaning then player doesn’t do that.

end of day if a club wants to borrow a player sometimes they are loaning them to carrying on the players development and the club sending them out on loan puts clear instructions in what they want and expect for the player or the deal 

it’s why loans are never simple, then there’s fees, bonuses, penalties etc…. Each loan is different obviously and have different motives but it happens 

16 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Depends on wots wrote into the contract of that particular deal 

Fair enough and to be fair it’s probably long enough to judge a player and club over are the terms being met