SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

2 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Might be more interesting tomorrow,  1st July so players contracts are up, we might see who’s training at the club and kit announcement too 

Hopefully pal! Been having to talk to work colleagues on my breaks this last week! Not ideal lol

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, marshy said:

Plenty of free agents now, some with twitchy arses too I’d imagine. 

True, but don't they get paid for July as well by their old clubs if they haven't signed for anyone else?

Plenty will he happy to sit on their arse too waiting for the best offer. IMO we should avoid these,.need the ones who want to play football and have done a pre season. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, striker said:

True, but don't they get paid for July as well by their old clubs if they haven't signed for anyone else?

Plenty will he happy to sit on their arse too waiting for the best offer. IMO we should avoid these,.need the ones who want to play football and have done a pre season. 

Agreed… anyone who’s happy to sit on their arris just to get a longer holiday when they could be out getting a new club, meeting new teammates, getting their fitness up and claiming a place in the first XI ought to be avoided.

Hopefully see some more business done in the next week or so, but then possibly some loans next month as they often don’t become available until clubs higher up the pecking order have settled their squads 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

This guy’s coming out with all sorts today 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😂😂

This is a regular rumour and Hearts have the cash, they also need a set number of ‘homegrown players’ for Europe for the Group Stage squad but I don’t see where Calum would fit. I struggle to see him getting in the starting XI and he’d be an awfully expensive loan for a backup utility type.

19 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Oh fair enough. Maybe they’ve got a bit of backing. Always had them down at a Scottish Championship side in my head! 

My tip for a Euro place next season Ross County. Fancy them to finish above Aberdeen again, Hibs it will depend on how their signings settle.  

11 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Brandon Barker joins Neil Lennon’s Omonia Nicosia - remember he’d been mentioned in here a few times.

The boy who was at Hibs and Rangers? Never rated him. A Poundland Martin Boyle. Now Boyle was a proper winger that Hibs had and a very good player. Rangers are supposedly in for him this summer!

Zander Clark is still available as a keeper and still weighing up options. It would be great to have two strong keepers providing competition for the number one spot. I guess it would be hard to bring him in with Wildsmith and Dawson still around. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, edinburghowl said:

Zander Clark is still available as a keeper and still weighing up options. It would be great to have two strong keepers providing competition for the number one spot. I guess it would be hard to bring him in with Wildsmith and Dawson still around. 

Wildsmith has left. 

We have Dawson and Stockdale now. Really don’t think we need another keeper, only need two on your books and you can sign an emergency loan if you’re desperate. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

This is a regular rumour and Hearts have the cash, they also need a set number of ‘homegrown players’ for Europe for the Group Stage squad but I don’t see where Calum would fit. I struggle to see him getting in the starting XI and he’d be an awfully expensive loan for a backup utility type.

My tip for a Euro place next season Ross County. Fancy them to finish above Aberdeen again, Hibs it will depend on how their signings settle.  

The boy who was at Hibs and Rangers? Never rated him. A Poundland Martin Boyle. Now Boyle was a proper winger that Hibs had and a very good player. Rangers are supposedly in for him this summer!

Out of interest where do you need to finish to gain a place in Europe?

2 hours ago, striker said:

Quite a lot do actually get paid for July believe it or not.  If they haven't signed a new contract elsewhere.  One reason a few of our ex players didn't sign for clubs until August last year

• Like 2