SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

The one good thing i like out this transfer window no loan signings yet, we got way too many last year and only really BPF and Storey added anything to the team, the rest either never played or were never fit.

Now lets get 2 or 3 younger players to add some energy to the team.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Don’t want us to pay too much but really hope we can sign Wilks.  I can see Moore using him as a striker to add to the pool of Smith, Gregory and Windass which would be impressive for league 1.

I see no reason why Wilks can’t follow in Antonio’s path of becoming a striker instead of a wide player.  Lots of potential there 

Also they want players in first as well hill before they let any players go as well 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The one good thing i like out this transfer window no loan signings yet, we got way too many last year and only really BPF and Storey added anything to the team, the rest either never played or were never fit.

Now lets get 2 or 3 younger players to add some energy to the team.

Hope we can add a bit of pace. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Hope we can add a bit of pace. 

TBF it sounds like we are really in for both Elliot Anderson & Malik Wilks so it’s clearly something being addressed 

• Thanks 1

I just hope that we continue our new trend of not buying players who are injury prone. Time after time after time we have shot ourselves in the foot by buying injury prone players, then we have the annual debate about why we get so many injuries without looking at the records of the players we've bought in the first place. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

3 year deal for Smith apparently. 

Doesn’t surprise me, I don’t think the wages are astronomical, I think it’s contract length that’s won the day with both of them 

1 minute ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Diamond seems a good young wide player . Cracking season at Harrogate . 

He is , i’d be delighted to get him here 

Sunderland would surely only loan him though