SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

16 hours ago, Nero said:

Off the top of my head his fault mainly -

MKD first goal. Allowed Parrot in 1v1 to run and score (with the wrong foot) from half way line.

Pompey ball watching for ball in behind Hunt. Watch it back - he is nowhere.

Fleetwood obviously.

Sunderland no way should the cross come in at that stage of the game in a 1v1. Flatfooted.

Also partly in another couple.

Wycombe got in the wrong position in the 2v1 made the goal easy.

Done on the inside 1v1 by Alfie May in the Cheltenham game.

Lost his mojo after his personal problems when he missed the game - may be a coincidence.

if Iorfa or god forbid Palmer had mafe these mistakes they would have been rightly slaughtered.

Storey did great when he came in and tightened us up no end.

But his form went off a cliff late on in my opinion. As did Hutch btw.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest DoesJackHunt

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Iorfa and do you think we need more competition in this area? 

Still no confirmation Rotherham lads resigned? They probably have but be great if they about turned again if we’ve offered more ! I know the 3 digit fingered fool who works with me is gona get some stick !!! He not said owt to me yet cus it’s not cut and dried 

16 hours ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

Definitely not the same without you on here, man.

Armed forces and all that.

Hope you're keeping well.

All gravy in Deepcar brother ... catchin a few rays and doin a bit of tech wizardry for the A F N 😉

• Love 1

13 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

Agree with that. Vaulks and Luongo are of similar ability, though I'd give Vaulks the edge as he has a better strike on him. But the games played is a big factor. Lets save the money and use it on one or two younger players instead in different areas.

Still got no idea how we've ended up with Vaulks. Cardiff are muppets for letting a regular like him go. Very questionable move from Morrison.

And huge credit everyone for getting him in here.

We could well lose him for the world cup though. With wales qualifying you would expect him to be in the squad.

42 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Former Oxford United loanee Nathan Holland has joined Sky Bet League One rivals MK Dons.

The winger moves to Stadium:MK on a permanent deal following his release by Premier League side West Ham United at the end of last season.

Mk Dons lost Darling and replaced him with Tucker

They are very good a picking players on the cheap improving them and selling on at a profit. Something we are very bad at.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nero said:

if Iorfa or god forbid Palmer had mafe these mistakes they would have been rightly slaughtered.

Storey did great when he came in and tightened us up no end.

But his form went off a cliff late on in my opinion. As did Hutch btw.

I would just put it this way, playing make shift players in the back 3 we were around the play off or just outside showing how much weaker this league is compared to the championship.

When we brought in established Centre backs and consistently had a team with Storey, Hutch in the back 3 we were top 2 form for the second half of the season. Thats why with still no established centre backs signed the release of Hutch just seems more and more Bizarre when you think Iorfa has been injured for the best part of 2 seasons.

i was expecting players in by now and Henegan is not of the quality we released.

14 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I would just put it this way, playing make shift players in the back 3 we were around the play off or just outside showing how much weaker this league is compared to the championship.

When we brought in established Centre backs and consistently had a team with Storey, Hutch in the back 3 we were top 2 form for the second half of the season. Thats why with still no established centre backs signed the release of Hutch just seems more and more Bizarre when you think Iorfa has been injured for the best part of 2 seasons.

i was expecting players in by now and Henegan is not of the quality we released.

Who that we released made more clearances, headers, tackles etc? I know nearly nothing of Henegan, but his stats last season look fairly impressive. Similar to Dunkley but over a course of a season rather than as and when fit.

I’m more than happy to have a bunch of players that are not exciting names being overpaid for past reputations but instead are right up there in terms of what they deliver week in week out.

For what it’s worth, I think if Dunkley was fit all last season we’d have been up automatically. Dominated both areas and I’m hopeful Henegan can do the same. 

1 hour ago, DoesJackHunt said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Iorfa and do you think we need more competition in this area? 

My thoughts are, move him to RWB or RB to compete with Hunt. Always preferred him there.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Who that we released made more clearances, headers, tackles etc? I know nearly nothing of Henegan, but his stats last season look fairly impressive. Similar to Dunkley but over a course of a season rather than as and when fit.

I’m more than happy to have a bunch of players that are not exciting names being overpaid for past reputations but instead are right up there in terms of what they deliver week in week out.

For what it’s worth, I think if Dunkley was fit all last season we’d have been up automatically. Dominated both areas and I’m hopeful Henegan can do the same. 

Moore dropped Dunkley several times last  season when he was fit. If I recall, he started the season on the bench (we played 2 CHs in Iorfa and Hutch). We didn't concede for the first 4 matches, then he brought Dunkley in for the Rotherham game and we didn't concede again, but that was the start of him changing the back 4 every single match and it was a good while before we next kept a clean sheet (I think the next time we did was when playing 3 at the back). 

• Like 1

Not convinced that Iorfa can get back to where he was. Shame but injuries have severely held him back and in all fairness in terms of fitness there are question marks over maybe a quarter of the squad?

54 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We could well lose him for the world cup though. With wales qualifying you would expect him to be in the squad.

We might end up getting games canceled if that’s the case what’s the qualifying numbers? Is it 3 players away?

luongo

Vaulks 

we need another international