SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

2 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

They have both signed.  For Rotherham.

Is this source legit? His bio says he works for Talksport and BBC. Yet I can’t find anything on google? Which in this day and age is strange? I’ve seen him tweet saying Smith had offers from Ipswich and then no more about it, then he was signing for Hull despite the Hull Daily Mail guy saying he wasn’t a player of interest and now he’s claiming he’s staying at Rotherham. 

• Like 1

I’m not panicking like some. The recruitment last season was decent, it will be again. The difference this time as it always is ahead of the second season at League 1 is our focus tends to Centre on players who know the level. It usually works out for us, hopefully it will again?

Smith and Ihekiwe are both good players but you win some you lose some,  there’s plenty out there available to go for

Wilks would be a great signing, but I think Vaulks is a brilliant deal , really happy to have him on board 

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The Vaulks signing is a good one, one of the players i wanted us to get but didnt expect us to get.

Now we need to remove the contract for Luongo hes had more than enough time to sign, if hes not signed now he is looking for a vetter offer elsewhere with us as a fall back. 

We need to speed up recruitment, 2 centre backs and a target man at least, ideally a left wing back, and some pace on the right.

i wonder if we can get Josh Murphy also released by Cardiff at one point he was the better of the two brothers and he would rip it up in league one, though wages may be an issue, but he is a free agent.

Don’t be so irrational luongo Is a quality player especially at this level you wouldn’t remove that offer just because vaulks as signed 

both players will add quality and contribute to the season 

plus if rumours are true luongo and hunt was only offered deals last week 

if luongo signs we have one hell of a competitive midfield and quality in depth 

as a squad and the 5 sub rule over 50 plus games both players are excellent 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

Just had this discussion with another fan. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you are choosing Storey who has never played more than 29 games in a season, Brennan who last year was loaned to non league and didn't get selected in every match for Notts C over a guy who in 19/20 was our player of the year and played over 40 matches at CH. Yes Iorfa has his faults, most do at this level, but he's capable of far more than the other two in my opinion. I quite like both, but I don't think Brennan will play above L1 level and I'm not sure Storey will play that regularly at Championship level. Iorfa may not, but I think he's the only one capable of being top end Championship given the right partner and decent fitness. His errors have looked worse because he's played intermittently in the last 2 years. 

All about opinions as I say but I think Iorfa will drop and drop storey could go on to big things and Brennan can be a good defender at this level.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I actually agree with you. Looked more along the lines of a young Dean type.

Think he did a decent job at RCB but always looked very good in the centre. Issue was Dean would been exposed in any of the wide centre back roles. 

Oh I totally agree he had to play RCB and was impressive but if we were to actually sign him I would put him central and build the back line around him. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Is this source legit? His bio says he works for Talksport and BBC. Yet I can’t find anything on google? Which in this day and age is strange? I’ve seen him tweet saying Smith had offers from Ipswich and then no more about it, then he was signing for Hull despite the Hull Daily Mail guy saying he wasn’t a player of interest and now he’s claiming he’s staying at Rotherham. 

It was @YesWeCrann that quote tweeted him, so I am assuming he is legit, yo. 

15 minutes ago, 0114 said:

His bio says freelance journo for Talksport and BBC - if he’s been on there once (or sold them a story) he’ll claim it.

When Millers confirm it, I’ll believe it.

It seems we have solid interest in both, even contract offers made, and Millers might be on the back foot.

Let’s face it, if either leave to join us it’s embarrassing for them.

If they resign with Rotherham we’ve lost nowt and will move on to alternative targets.

2 minutes ago, Swfcsi said:

Seen somewhere on twitter saying we are linked with Matthew Stevens from forest green,don't know if it's true or not ..

Did his ACL not long back him I think 

26 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Now we need to remove the contract for Luongo hes had more than enough time to sign...

I'm sure I read that they were only recently just given revised terms?  So if that's true, then he really hasn't had that long to make a decision at all.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Just for some extra context as to why I’m unsure on the source. 

22/5 - Cardiff City have tabled a contract for Rotherham United striker Michael Smith who’s contract is coming to an end. Rotherham have offered also offered a fresh deal to the striker.

31/5 - Ipswich Town have made an offer to Rotherham United striker Michael Smith. Middlesbrough are also reportedly interested in the striker. (Never followed up)

13/6 - I’m told Rotherham United striker Michael Smith is close to joining Hull City, Tom Eaves to go in the other direction. Both free transfers, Cardiff also trying for Smith but may be pipped to the 30 year olds signature. (He makes it sound like a swap deal for 2 free agents). 

18/6 - Talks have broken down between Hull City and Michael Smith, no go. Cardiff have also pulled out of the race. Smith now has an offer from Sheffield Wednesday but understand he’s happy with Rotherham’s terms. Tom Eaves will still be a Rotherham player soon.

21/6 - Rotherham. Signed, sealed, delivered as they say. Big week. Micheal Smith and Michael Ihiekwe both signed new deals, reportedly 3 year deals. Marlon Fossey along with Cohen Bramall set to be announced as well

14 minutes ago, 1/10/1983 said:

His bio says freelance journo for Talksport and BBC - if he’s been on there once (or sold them a story) he’ll claim it.

So if he’s a freelance journalist he should be pretty easy to find online? Talksport also post loads of transfer stories and credit the writer, so again strange there is nothing linked to this Chris Cook ‘Journo’. 

He’s got 0 followers of any other notable journalists, which I find strange in that profession. Who knows I may be wrong, just suspicious. 

This coming from pub talk in tonight’s after work cheeky pint from a Miller fan ( so not in the know and not claiming to be reliable)

smith was offered something like 8k at Rotherham and wednesday apparently have offered 12 

it’s looking like he’s asked Rotherham because he doesn’t want to leave to meet him half way 

he says similar about the defender too, he’s only getting his information from general Rotherham fans chat so it’s all a pinch salt idol chat but fast forward a few hours later and the noises have seemed to have moved from them being in talks with us to have signed from Rotherham 

let’s be right I think both players played a combined total of over 100 games for Rotherham achieving best defensive record in division being the club’s leading goal scorer getting automatic promotion and a trophy 

to lose both of them to their biggest rivals and them dropping down a division to do so would cause uproar and be completely embarrassing 

especially when tony Stuart has come out and said he’s turned bids down to sell the club and he’s upped the budget to make them a solid championship side not fighting relegation 

2 hours ago, 0114 said:

At RB he is. Not at CB.

Hence why one kept the other out the team.

He kept Iorfa out of the team because he was hopelessly in need of matches, lacking sharpness and as such lost all confidence.

When he played all season at centre back (19/20) and for the first few months of last season - he played at a level far above anything we saw from Storey.

For the first couple of months, it looked like we’d hardly concede a goal.

It always amazes me the short memory of football fans.

At the start of last season Iorfa was absolutely immense.

His performances away at Rotherham and away at Wigan were far above what any other centre back we had play for us last season achieved at any point.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, fpowl said:

This coming from pub talk in tonight’s after work cheeky pint from a Miller fan ( so not in the know and not claiming to be reliable)

smith was offered something like 8k at Rotherham and wednesday apparently have offered 12 

it’s looking like he’s asked Rotherham because he doesn’t want to leave to meet him half way 

he says similar about the defender too, he’s only getting his information from general Rotherham fans chat so it’s all a pinch salt idol chat but fast forward a few hours later and the noises have seemed to have moved from them being in talks with us to have signed from Rotherham 

let’s be right I think both players played a combined total of over 100 games for Rotherham achieving best defensive record in division being the club’s leading goal scorer getting automatic promotion and a trophy 

to lose both of them to their biggest rivals and them dropping down a division to do so would cause uproar and be completely embarrassing 

especially when tony Stuart has come out and said he’s turned bids down to sell the club and he’s upped the budget to make them a solid championship side not fighting relegation 

Heard similar from Rotherham supporting mate but he said we offered Smith £15kpw 🥴

3 minutes ago, modboy said:

Heard similar from Rotherham supporting mate but he said we offered Smith £15kpw 🥴

To be fair he might have mentioned it to Be 15k and smith was wanting 12k like I said it was all typical rumours rumbling 

but it’s typical of Stuart penny pinching 

If they want to sustain they simply have to pay more 

the year they got relegated Stuart refused to pay anyone above 10k I think George Hirst was only player who got 10k and he was gash for them on loan 

you need to get a few better players in their and pay otherwise your always going to be fighting relegation 

38 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Don’t be so irrational luongo Is a quality player especially at this level you wouldn’t remove that offer just because vaulks as signed 

both players will add quality and contribute to the season 

plus if rumours are true luongo and hunt was only offered deals last week 

if luongo signs we have one hell of a competitive midfield and quality in depth 

as a squad and the 5 sub rule over 50 plus games both players are excellent 

Hes played 64 games out of a possible 137 he has been injured or unavailable for over 50% of the games in the last 3 seasons.

When he plays, he is a great player but we need players for 40+ games a season not 20, we cannot afford to carry a player who has been injured off and on for 3 seasons.

I do like luongo, i just think the money on his championship wages could be spent on bringing in 2 or 3 good players. We were told the release list on 21st May and that 4 players had been offer contracts i would be very surprised if DC has sat on the contracts when the club said they were offered contracts when the release list was announced.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1