SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

23 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Had PL at Wolves and was sold for about £200k.

Had interest from PL clubs & Watford and signs a new deal at a L1 club. 

Kept out the team by Storey.

Iorfa is quick and that’s it. He’s a RB being forced to play CB due to his height. His pace would be good if he could do all the other basics of a CB. 

Storey > Iorfa for me. 

Sorry but you couldn’t be more wrong there so I have to disagree with you. He’s been a CB all his life and was forced out to RB when he went on loan to Ipswich under McCarthy. He always liked height across his back four.

14 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Gutted if Ihiekwe has done a U turn.

Thought that signing made a lot of sense for us. I’d like Dean back but that is looking hard work. 

Gone quiet on Malik Wilks too. 

Will’s will announced this week 😉 #uto 

2 minutes ago, El Toro said:

Sorry but you couldn’t be more wrong there so I have to disagree with you. He’s been a CB all his life and was forced out to RB when he went on loan to Ipswich under McCarthy. He always liked height across his back four.

I couldn’t be more wrong could I? This is from when he signed for Shrewsbury as an 18 year old. 

The second is from when he playing week in & out for Wolves under Jackett prior to McCarthy signing him at Ipswich where again he played RB. 

Then Bruce signs him and guess where he played… RB. 

125E58A4-82B7-498E-8572-4A77B6F8AE47.jpeg

0C86127E-5A64-4264-B788-F5F4A6F670E9.jpeg

14 minutes ago, pinowl said:

Whats occurring? We going up this time? Not been on ere for time .... Just comin out of hibernation like .... anyway UTO 

Ta 

Definitely not the same without you on here, man.

Armed forces and all that.

Hope you're keeping well.

2 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I couldn’t be more wrong could I? This is from when he signed for Shrewsbury as an 18 year old. 

The second is from when he playing week in & out for Wolves under Jackett prior to McCarthy signing him at Ipswich where again he played RB. 

Certainly not getting into a too and fro with you as noting you seem to enjoy that in here. He’s played more senior football at CB than he has at RB. What he’s done before he was 18 and dragging up a post that far back is very short-sighted.

Not saying he’s a good CB, just that’s where he’s played most of his senior football apart from his spell at Ipswich..

1 hour ago, Kelfin Platz said:

That does seem to be a fair bet TBH Jack, go on, call him out on it. I reckon you'll be on the winning side of history on this one and old Owl66 will disappear.

Have you noticed Owl66 has gone quiet and Owl(Kev) is back! 🤣

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Iorfa will say his best position is centre back. He said this in the interview when he joined. That’s where he played in his youth career. But you’re right that Wolves moved him to right back pretty early on in his career. 

1 minute ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Paul warne confident one of smith / ihikiwe will re sign but potentially both . 
If we had to choose one who would it be ? 
difficult one as both be very good at this level and fit into what we need ….

we could end up with neither tbh 

Smith for me. Goal scorer at this level. 

3 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Paul warne confident one of smith / ihikiwe will re sign but potentially both . 
If we had to choose one who would it be ? 
difficult one as both be very good at this level and fit into what we need ….

we could end up with neither tbh 

Just listened to the relevant bit of the interview and he didn’t come across as that confident to me

More hopeful of keeping one. Rotherham have gone out on a limb to keep both but understands if both leave as it’s the players last chance of a payday

Just now, El Toro said:

Certainly not getting into a too and fro with you as noting you seem to enjoy that in here. He’s played more senior football at CB than he has at RB. What he’s done before he was 18 and dragging up a post that far back is very short-sighted.

Not saying he’s a good CB, just that’s where he’s played most of his senior football apart from his spell at Ipswich..

“COULDN’T BE MORE WRONG” - El Toro. 

1. Scout report from Outside of the Boot website in 2016. 

2. Direct quote from Kenny Jackett, prior to playing for Ipswich. 

That last part just ain’t true. He’s played at RB mainly since England U18. RB at Shrewsbury. RB at Wolves (see quote above by his manager). RB at Ipswich under Mick. RB under Bruce. Monk then plays him CB.  

Do your research before making things up. 

C5A60762-9EBB-4300-818C-1592B06C0508.jpeg

2049E216-CB89-47E2-88BD-3F5D675696CE.jpeg

41 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Had PL at Wolves and was sold for about £200k.

Had interest from PL clubs & Watford and signs a new deal at a L1 club. 

Kept out the team by Storey.

Iorfa is quick and that’s it. He’s a RB being forced to play CB due to his height. His pace would be good if he could do all the other basics of a CB. 

Storey > Iorfa for me. 

As the next poster has written, Storey was involved in a few goals where he was in question. It seems you don't like Iorfa, yes he left Wolves but he at least made the Prem and at that point they were spending crazy money on Portuguese imports, so he was not going to get game time. 

Iorfa - been in Prem, Storey hasn't.

Iorfa - Wednesday POTY - Storey hasn't

Iorfa - linked to Prem clubs when playing as a CB in Championship - Storey hasn't

Iorfa - has one exceptional feature (pace) - Storey hasnt.

Fit Iorfa > Storey for me 

Storey > unfit Iorfa otherwise. OR other options are available > unfit Iorfa

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Iorfa will say his best position is centre back. He said this in the interview when he joined. That’s where he played in his youth career. But you’re right that Wolves moved him to right back pretty early on in his career. 

He was representing England U18s as a RB & then loaned to Shrewsbury as a RB (see above).

I think his physique is that of a CB but his attributes are that of a RB. 

It’s proper gone off topic. I just think Storey is a better player than Iorfa. Iorfa has never won me over at CB although I thought his performances at RB under Bruce for 6 months were exceptional. He then had another decent 6 months at CB for Monk and ever since has looked poor when he’s player there for me. 

4 minutes ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

As the next poster has written, Storey was involved in a few goals where he was in question. It seems you don't like Iorfa, yes he left Wolves but he at least made the Prem and at that point they were spending crazy money on Portuguese imports, so he was not going to get game time. 

Iorfa - been in Prem, Storey hasn't.

Iorfa - Wednesday POTY - Storey hasn't

Iorfa - linked to Prem clubs when playing as a CB in Championship - Storey hasn't

Iorfa - has one exceptional feature (pace) - Storey hasnt.

Fit Iorfa > Storey for me 

Storey > unfit Iorfa otherwise. OR other options are available > unfit Iorfa

They’re such poor arguments though. 

Dominic Iorfa has never played in the PL? Neither was he at the club when they won promotion. 

He did have a good season that year. Although there wasn’t much competition.

Linked to PL clubs? What’s that matter if they never come to fruition? Reach was linked with Benfica. Means nothing. 

I just prefer Storey as a CB. It’s not that deep and I can’t fathom why some are so

emotional thay I have a different opinion 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1