SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

18 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Looks like Ihiekwe has now decided to stay at Rotherham according to Matt (footballtyper) Shame. Tonight he would have been a very good signing. 

He would, but plenty of other players available. Won't lose any sleep about any player who doesn't want to be here. 

And, to be fair, if I were him and the money similar might want to have a crack at the championship for a season. 

1 minute ago, striker said:

He would, but plenty of other players available. Won't lose any sleep about any player who doesn't want to be here. 

And, to be fair, if I were him and the money similar might want to have a crack at the championship for a season. 

Personally, I’d much rather see Dean join than the Rotherham CB. 

1 minute ago, striker said:

A crack at the championship for one season is all he’ll get, Rotherham will be straight back down !!  #uto 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

When Watford showed interest, 2 separate Wednesday journalists reported that Prem clubs were also keen. He also attracted interest from West Ham back in his Wolves days. He won the POY not runner up. Anything after that, as you say, is when he's been injured pretty much. Nevertheless, that's far more than Storey achieved in his Preston and Wednesday career. In Storey I see a player who is top end L1 quality, but will never be the best in that league. In Iorfa I see a player capable of playing top end Championship if he gets fitness back. He's pretty much been written off based on his comeback towards the end of last season, which admittedly he looked well off it, but I hope that we might see him return to his best. Yes his pace does help him, but that's a good thing, he has something few have in this division. I think with a bit of firm and some confidence, plus a good partner next to him, he could be really dominant. 

Anyway, time will tell. 

Had PL at Wolves and was sold for about £200k.

Had interest from PL clubs & Watford and signs a new deal at a L1 club. 

Kept out the team by Storey.

Iorfa is quick and that’s it. He’s a RB being forced to play CB due to his height. His pace would be good if he could do all the other basics of a CB. 

Storey > Iorfa for me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Really? Remember one mistake against Fleetwood away. At a push you can blame him for the Sunderland winner, but a number of guilty parties for that goal.

He was excellent and consistent and was available for every game during his time here in my view. 

Off the top of my head his fault mainly -

MKD first goal. Allowed Parrot in 1v1 to run and score (with the wrong foot) from half way line.

Pompey ball watching for ball in behind Hunt. Watch it back - he is nowhere.

Fleetwood obviously.

Sunderland no way should the cross come in at that stage of the game in a 1v1. Flatfooted.

Also partly in another couple.

Wycombe got in the wrong position in the 2v1 made the goal easy.

Done on the inside 1v1 by Alfie May in the Cheltenham game.

Lost his mojo after his personal problems when he missed the game - may be a coincidence.

Have just read matts latest update about Ihiekwe , but I wouldn’t be surprised if him and Smith have a re-think with likes of Vaulks turning up at S6 we surely can and will pay more than Rotherham 

1 hour ago, 0114 said:

Watford were linked when they were a Championship club, nothing came of it. 

For me he had an decent 12 months in 2019. From when he signed he had a great 6 month playing RB. Then again up to Christmas during the beginning of 19/20. Anything after that he’s been pretty poor. 

Oh he got runner up POTY?! In a season we went from 3rd to nearly being relegated in. Wow

Pace papers over his cracks. 

So basically he was good the whole time he was playing and match fit? 

lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Have just read matts latest update about Ihiekwe , but I wouldn’t be surprised if him and Smith have a re-think with likes of Vaulks turning up at S6 we surely can and will pay more than Rotherham 

According to Owl66, they have both signed for us! 🤣

3 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

So basically he was good the whole time he was playing and match fit? 

lol

He had 6 good months at CB. 

It’s not this deep my friend, it’s just an opinion. I don’t think he’s necessarily a very good CB, because if you take away his pace he’s relatively erratic in most things he does.