Aiden Flint

I imagine he's looking for a two year deal at his age but if you could get him on a one year deal then he'd be worth looking at. Got 6 in the Championship so I imagine he'd be a complete monster at this level.

He's not very good on the ball but with two centre halves either side of him who are better on the ball he could be a good option.

I'm 50/50 on this one.

Can see dm going for Gibson can’t see storey coming back , although dean did ok I actually thought he’d be better? Was a mountain few times he played here for different teams? Think flint with Gibson and kid from gillingham either side at this level would be strong enough? However how much he wants and length of contract will be a sticking point? And yes I’d still take dean and see wot he like after a pre season and really fit?

We have to stop getting hung up on ability on the ball. Our lack of aerial power at the back was a massive contributor to us being by far the worst of the top teams at conceding set piece and late goals. That has to be sorted, even if it means bringing in someone who’s a bit less comfortable on the ball.

It seems people on here want someone who’s commanding on the air, and good on the ball, and young with potential to improve, and willing to play in league one on a modest wage. Good luck with that. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, paulrs said:

We have to stop getting hung up on ability on the ball. Our lack of aerial power at the back was a massive contributor to us being by far the worst of the top teams at conceding set piece and late goals. That has to be sorted, even if it means bringing in someone who’s a bit less comfortable on the ball.

It seems people on here want someone who’s commanding on the air, and good on the ball, and young with potential to improve, and willing to play in league one on a modest wage. Good luck with that. 

I'd say we conceded more due to a lack of pace than height.

We conceded loads on the break, and most of the set pieces came from getting in behind us.

Flint would do a job both ends ? Defo more of a threat at opp end than dean or any others we likely to get? However he’ll need legs either side of him and playing 3 cb will allow that. Think he’ll still end up in championship and like dean wages will be an issue for us in this league..however come end of may not on a penny .we’ll see

19 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Flint would be a rock in defence.

If he his fit !!  Don’t forget we only saw a spark last time he was here !! #uto