Aiden Flint

It’s sad when old warhorses reach the end of the road. In the military they put them out to grass or even worse if they have a bad injury record. 

On Owlstalk, there’s always plenty who want the likes of Cahill and Flint to come and sample our green stuff. 🤣

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Mmmm... 33 years old, averaged league 29 appearances per season in the last 3 seasons and his loan stint with us went so well.

Perfect.

well someone will have to take dunkleys place in the treatment room 

• Like 1

He’ll get a championship move easily. As I think Dean will too, and Storey will play for PNE I reckon. Think we need to lower our hopes a bit at centre back and not get hung up on the loanees we’ve had. I’d expect 2 or 3 new centre backs but I can’t see any of the above coming. He must have players lined up if he’s released Hutch and Dunkley

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I'd prefer Dean if we could get him. 

A bit younger and a bit better on the ball. 

I'm thinking Dean surrounded by two younger, more athletic CBs. 

For me its more Dean surrounded by physios, sports rehab and get well soon cards 

I’d take Flint, he’s outstanding in the air and will solve one of our glaring weaknesses which was goals conceded by headers

Also is it just me who wasn’t that impressed with Dean, I thought he was ok but I wouldn’t be disappointed if he doesn’t come back 

He’s a good defender and will do a decent job for some team I’m sure. But he really isn’t a ball playing defender and playing out from the back is what DM is going to have us doing for sure. So no point even considering him.