Alex Hunt

The issue for him is you wouldn’t put him on the pitch over Bannan and if you put him in for someone else we are too light in there. It’s whether he could play in a no10 role if we went 1 up front again. But we’d have better options there too. Writing is on the wall I think 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

The issue for him is you wouldn’t put him on the pitch over Bannan and if you put him in for someone else we are too light in there. It’s whether he could play in a no10 role if we went 1 up front again. But we’d have better options there too. Writing is on the wall I think 

Yes that's the main problem. Would probably thrive if bannan got injured for a couple of months

Guest Musttryharder
26 minutes ago, striker said:

We've probably said it before, but a make or break season for him. 

At 22, needs to be playing games. Did ok at Grimsby, but struggled at Oldham (they were dogshit though).

As a benchmark, seems light years behind Dele-Bashiru (21) and Adeniran (23) in development terms,  also competing for midfield places. 

Suspect another loan on the cards and will probably end up leaving after that, unless we can sell him this summer.

Its an odd one. Why do the club keep loaning him out to shiity clubs but keep him on the books. They havent really persevered with the lad in our first team squad so why is he still with us..

14 minutes ago, Musttryharder said:

Its an odd one. Why do the club keep loaning him out to shiity clubs but keep him on the books. They havent really persevered with the lad in our first team squad so why is he still with us..

Indeed. Suppose not good enough for the first team squad, did ok in non league, little impact in L2. Maybe indicative of his current level?

6 hours ago, Etchesketch said:

That's the point. He would have made it by now or at least been a squad player. Its 4 years since his debut. 22 is not young. He should have been having the loan spells when he was 18 not 21.

22 is young in terms of a footballers career though.

He will likely be playing for the next 10 years. Who knows how he'll develop. 

He's worth a shot in my eyes. 

• Like 1

Guest Musttryharder
5 hours ago, striker said:

Indeed. Suppose not good enough for the first team squad, did ok in non league, little impact in L2. Maybe indicative of his current level?

If he isnt ready now at 22 then its only fair on the lad and club to try and ply his trade somewhere else where he can get game time on a permanent basis. 

10 hours ago, HootHoot said:

22 is young in terms of a footballers career though.

He will likely be playing for the next 10 years. Who knows how he'll develop. 

He's worth a shot in my eyes. 

Sadly you cannot hang onto people “just in case”…we need to build a competitive squad for automatic promotion next season. Sediments and wishes have to be put to one side. 

Hunt struggled to get into Oldham’s side….I believe he also struggled to get into Grimsby’s side towards the end of his loan spell there. 

2 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Sadly you cannot hang onto people “just in case”…we need to build a competitive squad for automatic promotion next season. Sediments and wishes have to be put to one side. 

Hunt struggled to get into Oldham’s side….I believe he also struggled to get into Grimsby’s side towards the end of his loan spell there. 

It's easier said than done getting offers for players. 

He had some decent games for us in the Championship so we know he's got something about him. Definitely worth a shot if we're looking to cut back on costs.

5 hours ago, HootHoot said:

It's easier said than done getting offers for players. 

He had some decent games for us in the Championship so we know he's got something about him. Definitely worth a shot if we're looking to cut back on costs.

Not talking about offers. Talking about being released. What was the point of giving him an extra year contract  For his own good he should have been released this week when his original contract ran out. Could then look for a newclub and hopefully get game time.