SWFC Goalkeeper Situation

Dawson will be much better for us now that we have a decent defence. The last time he played the defence wasn't good and this affects all goalkeepers, not only Dawson and Wildsmith.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DaveClark said:

Some people on this thread need a head wobble.

We are in the third tier of English football.

Almost all teams at our level would be looking at Dawson and thinking he could improve what they have in the goalkeeping department.

So, Wednesday fans know what he has done before that give us a few shudders about his future for us, but what every other club is looking at is his performances in the season just gone.

You can only be judged on your current form.

Dawson had a good defence in front of him down there and facing 4th tier strikers.

wonderful

We need a new keeper and I believe we will be bringing in at least one. 

I just feel that it would be the best for everyone if Cameron Dawson gets a move somewhere else. He proved what a good keeper he can be at Exeter last season, but I just think there is a bit too much baggage for him to be a success here. One mistake and the crowd will be on him and his confidence will be shot. 

Wildsmith just isn't good enough to be anything more than backup here. 

• Like 4

Dawson has this habit of parrying the ball into the feet of an attacking opponent. He's still doing it but he's been getting away with it at Exeter. This should have been coached out of him but it hasn't, either he won't listen or he can't rectify it. Really is best for all if Dawson and Wildsmith move on. It just isn't going to happen for them at Hillsborough and we can't afford to persevere with either of them. Wish them well though and one or both may become decent in the future, I doubt they will but you never know.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kelfin Platz said:

Dawson has this habit of parrying the ball into the feet of an attacking opponent. He's still doing it but he's been getting away with it at Exeter. This should have been coached out of him but it hasn't, either he won't listen or he can't rectify it. Really is best for all if Dawson and Wildsmith move on. It just isn't going to happen for them at Hillsborough and we can't afford to persevere with either of them. Wish them well though and one or both may become decent in the future, I doubt they will but you never know.

Tbf, I think Cam has got that season under his belt at Exeter and will probably go and do half decent somewhere. 

I just don't see Wildsmith ever being anything more than a backup. 

GDawson drops a. ******** and his head goes ( chuckledome) bpf drops one and he just gets on with it...we simply can’t go into next seasons campaign with cammy or wildsmith first choice..if anybody disagrees with this comment..please message me

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, The coach said:

GDawson drops a. ******** and his head goes ( chuckledome) bpf drops one and he just gets on with it...we simply can’t go into next seasons campaign with cammy or wildsmith first choice..if anybody disagrees with this comment..please message me

Who keeps laughing at my comments.?

• Haha 6

12 hours ago, SiJ said:

We need a new keeper and I believe we will be bringing in at least one. 

I just feel that it would be the best for everyone if Cameron Dawson gets a move somewhere else. He proved what a good keeper he can be at Exeter last season, but I just think there is a bit too much baggage for him to be a success here. One mistake and the crowd will be on him and his confidence will be shot. 

Wildsmith just isn't good enough to be anything more than backup here. 

This. I like Dawson and if he leaves I think he’ll have a good career as a number one even possibly at championship level. But here it’s just not gonna work for him.

My pick on the new keeper would be Nathan Bishop from Man U.

Lots of league experience for his age available and has had the experience of training in the Man U youth set up. 

11 hours ago, The coach said:

Having a debate with you is like playing chess with a pigeon.  The pigeon just knocks all the pieces over.  Then shits all over the board. Then struts around like it won.

Just not worth the effort.

23 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Having a debate with you is like playing chess with a pigeon.  The pigeon just knocks all the pieces over.  Then shits all over the board. Then struts around like it won.

You copied that comment off Coleen rooney

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

And it’s not about ‘winning’ a debate...I’m sayin we need a new keeper

Guest Andy W
15 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I know.  Thank you for validating my suspicions.  

More than welcome..glad to help you needed confirmation builds your confidence

Guest Andy W
9 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I wish

Keep working at it be fine

Lets hope for a super duper season coming up eh

Came across this article that I found interesting: https://bwfcanalysis.wordpress.com/2022/04/14/summer-transfer-targets-goalkeepers/

if you scroll to Wollacott there’s a graph of “prevented goals” for League 2. Above the line, keepers that prevented more goals than expected. Dawson falls below that line. Doesn’t mean he had a poor season,  but somewhat interesting. Wollacott, in fact, was likely the best by this metric and the author shows he was quite the outlier in his comfort playing from the back. Wouldn’t hate bringing him in.